First Night

~Harry~
"You what?!" Ron asked. " I know I know it's horrible." I said putting my head on the table. " I have to go right after we finish eating and go to Snape's room. Starting today after dinner." Ron was just as, if not more, stressed out about this as I was. " Harry, I don't understand why you're so upset about this. You always talk about Malfoy." Hermione whispered into my ear so Ron doesn't hear. I sat up quickly and felt my face turn red. " What? No I don't." I whispered back. " You know I fancy Ginny." Hermione just smiled and started eating.

I saw Malfoy get up and look at me with no emotion. He nodded as if to tell me to get up. I had finished a few minutes before so I told Ron and Hermione goodnight and walked out behind Malfoy. i heard people whisper as we walked out, but I said nothing.

~Draco~
I ran to the Common Room during my free period and locked my self in my room. I slid down against the door and put my head in my hands. I cast a silence charm on my door so I could talk aloud with out people listening in.

"Come on Draco, snap out of it." I ran my hands through my hair. " All day you've been thinking of Potter, what's with that?" I got up and passed for a few minutes then fell onto my bed. 'Normally you think about how to make his life hell and now all you can think about his face, how you love how his lips curve might to yours. Why?'

I stayed until dinner.
When I came down, Pansy was waiting for me trying to look hot, but only looked like a dog bathing in the sun. "Hey Draco." She said softly as she hugged me making sure her boobs pressed to my chest. "Hey, C'mon. Let's go eat."

Dinner was boring. All I could do was watch Harry out of the corner of my eye. He was walking to Ron they both seemed upset. What really got me was when Hermione whispered something to Harry and he turned bright red.
I only ate a sweet roll before I got up and nodded at Harry, making sure that I don't show the excitement that was building up in my chest.
I headed to the door once He got up. I knew people were talking but I ignored them.
Once Harry and I had made it to Snape's class, I sat down and waited for him to sit next to me.
"So, aren't we going to get right to it?" Harry asked after a few minutes of nothing happening. I took a breath. "Look, Potter, I am certain I like this less than you, but if this is to work, we need to find common ground." He nodded. "Okay, sooo what do you, uhmmm, do in your free time?" "I like to work on potions or avoid Pansy's attempts to kiss me." Harry laughed. Gosh that laugh. "What about you?" I asked. "Well, uhmmm, I hang out with Hermione and Ron, or work on my Quidditch." Harry said. He was smiling a little bit. It's working. "Soo, Malfoy, can we agree that we call each other by first names while where in here working?" Harry's question threw me off a bit. "Uh, sure. Why not."
We spent the rest of the night just talking and getting to know each other. To my surprise, it was 2:30 before we went back to our houses. Maybe Harry and I could be friends after all.