Chapter 4: Fleeting Spring

All this pain
Take this life and make it yours
All this hate
Take your heart and let it love again
You will survive this somehow

They'd arrived as the rain was ceasing. The ruined Spring Court she'd visited during the meeting last year was now restored. At least, it's flora was. The buildings were still in disrepair save for the manor in front of them.

Nesta was hesitant to step through the gate, she clung to Imgoen's hand as the beautiful woman led her in, gently rubbing circles on the back of Nesta's hand with her thumb.

She saw Lucien coming to greet them. The redhead hadn't changed much since she last saw him. He looked happier, still had a gentleness to him and looked elegant even in plan work clothes.

Lucien rushed to hug his family and she took a step back. It was sweet to see them be so affectionate despite the distance.

"You're here! I was so worried!"

"Sorry, I couldn't answer Things have been hectic back home." Eris told him. She knew he'd sent Lucien a letter but after that he didn't have time to write properly, thus everyone was here to not just negotiate but plan too.

"That's alright. We can go in, I'm sure Tamarand is dying to speak with you!" Lucien said.

"There's a lot to discuss, dear." Imogen told him as she tucked an orange curl behind her ear. "We should start immediately."

She stepped away to reveal Nesta. Her gaze and Lucien's met, and to her surprise there was no anger or bitterness just confusion in the exiles russet eyes.

"Nesta?"

"Hello Lucien."

He smiled after hearing her voice. "It's good to see you. I didn't expect to meet with anyone from the inner circle so soon."

She winced. "Actually...I'm not a part of the inner circle anymore."

"What?! Why?..."

"Because of what I shall tell you when we are all reunited."

The new royal family was quickly gathered in the meeting room. A plump, brunette, hazel eyed woman hugged Imogen and took her seat beside the High Lord, she knew the lady's name was Ophelia Ambrose and she was the High Lord's mother and a former lady in waiting of the castle.

There was another woman there, Asteria Ambrose, she was Ophelia's wife. The woman was dark skinned, she had a shaved black buzzcut, and dark brown eyes but despite her serious expression she was very kind and beautiful, Nesta felt slightly flustered in her presence.

The High Lord's sister could've been his twin. Azalea Ambrose had brown long hair, shimmering green eyes and a tanned complexion like her biological mother.
She seemed calm and nice enough.

There was the new Spring High Lord, Tamarand Ambrose. The man had wild long brown hair, wolf ears and a wolf tail, along with glowy green eyes and a wide toothy smile. Strangely enough he reminded her of a young feral Feyre.

Lucien sat beside Tamlin, who Nesta almost didn't recognize. He was a mess, but more like a mess in progress. His blonde hair was thin and frail, he was severely underweight and looked so very tired, yet he didn't seem angry at all, but rather friendly. Nesta expected glares or insults. Tamlin didn't do any of that, he politely acknowledged her, and that was that.

'Did they do onto you just as bad as me? No...They did worse. So much worse.'

Everyone explained what had happened, and the in subsequent silence she was certain they'd be able to hear a pin drop.