Chapter 6: Rising Up

Chapter 6: Rising up

See it in our eyes
That we were never blind
I will fight for you
Untill the day I die

Arryn held onto his twin's hand. Tanya Vanserra was finally waking up.

"Arise, arise sister. You have a second chance."

The image took him back centuries ago, when Tanya was the one laid upon his grave crying and pleading with his gravestone, begging him to wake.

Gideon and Jesminda had to hold him back as he cried out just as loudly and bitterly, begging his sister to place forgive him for his fatal mistake, and that he'd look over them.

Unlike her, he wouldn't ever wake up. In the scuffle in Spring, Lucien had stabbed him in the heart. It was a direct hit and he didn't even have a chance to scream before his body fell lifeless to the ground.

'It was deserved.' Arryn reminded himself. Had he not tried to kill Lucien he'd be standing by Tanya's side right now as living fae rather than a ghost.

It didn't matter. He was here. He was here and he'd look over her. 'Oh I just know you'll be okay. Father isn't here now, perhaps you can finally be your true self! I know Nemesis will help you! He's making progress and Eris is such a good fit for the throne, you have to see Cedric too, he's making friends! You must wake!'

"Wake up, Tanya Vanserra!" He pleaded.

Tanya's eyes russet eyes snapped open and she gasped. Her voice deep and her body a mirror of his...for now.

She seemed to have seen him, to recognize his spectre, and reached out only for her fingers to slip through him.

"Arryn..."

"Hello, goodbye." That was all he could say before fading away, leaving Tanya to stand up and realize she was in the lab cooler, alive and healthy.

***
Cedric spat out his tea when he saw Tybalt walking out of the lab cooler. Confused and disoriented but standing without help.

"Cedric?" He asked.

"Tybalt?! I knew it! You're alive!

He felt a sense of relief wash over his tired body upon seeing his brother alive. The plan had worked and Tybalt was not lost to them. Cedric would've rushed in to hug him
had he not seen pure rage on those russet eyes.

'Oh shit!'

It seemed his brother had not forgiven him for that stab.

Cedric ran out of the lab as fast as he could, Daisy had told him they had guests and would be in the throne room so he rushed there hoping Eris and Nemesis could keep him from being cooked alive in orange flames.

***
"You're welcome to stay here as long as you wish Varian. I know familial disputes can be taxing." Eris glared at Nemesis.

"What are you looking at me for? I just broke one window this week!"

"Brother, I love you, but sometimes you vex me."

"Awwww, no need to flatter me Eri, you know I love you too!"

Eris rolled his eyes. Despite the good state of the court during their rule, he was growing exhausted and his brother's antics didn't help the matters. Thankfully their guest didn't seem to mind.

"I appreciate your hospitality my lords. I promise you I shall be out of your hair as soon as possible. If I may help you with anything please let me know."