Fresh air, not so fresh

CONTINUING BACKSTORY

**

I run my fingers through my wavy brown hair, feeling the warmth of the breeze hit me with a nostalgic smell of vanilla. I walk around, limping slightly from my sprained leg. I grab my phone out carefully dialling my mum's cell. "Hallo?" I say while rubbing nose.

"S-s-scarecrow.." My mum stutters through the phone, I frown. "What do you mean?" I bite my lip, looking around confused. "H-he's here."

"Okay this isn't funny, please stop." Theres now worry creeping my body, that eerie feeling that drowns me like a ocean where you can't see the ground, no escape. "Scarecrow." Her voice turns low and deep, not like usual, now it doesn't even sound like her. "Tell them all, all of them whats happening!" She screams, "Whats happening!?" Before I know it, she ends the call. I stomp my foot on the ground, throwing my phone as far as I can from such anger.

It begins pouring with rain, each raindrop that falls down onto me counts the screams inside the school. A substance dims out of the building. My first instinct is to run, run for my life, run as fast as I can even if my leg is hurting. Tears streaming down my face, burning my cold skin. I sprint to my house, my legs now weak and my lung capacity low. I swallow painful breaths and open the door to home.

I shout, "Hello, is anyone here?!" I look around, no answer but the raindrops scurrying on the windows. "Fuck!" I groan, now I'm feeling very, very scared. What the fuck happened? Where is mum and what did she fucking mean, scarecrow? What scarecrow?!

I get interrupted by the glass window breaking in my kitchen. With all my energy I go upstairs into my parents' room and hide under the bed, covering myself with all of the things possible, blankets, garbage, etc. hard footsteps are heard running up the stairs, first into my brothers room, then mine and now finally in my parents room, I take the smallest peak and see pointy wooden shoes with a heel. I hide myself and take a deep breath silently. "Come out." The same horrible voice speaks, the same one that was on the phone.

I feel a tear drop down my cheek but I cover my mouth with all my strength. Silence fills the whole room, no more noise at all. I could only hear my breath and the rain outside.

"There you are," I gasp, seeing a man with a bag covering his head, he looked like.. a scarecrow. Now I know, that's scarecrow. I try shaking myself out of his strong grip but It's no use. "Please!" He covers my mouth, spreading a mist that I try not to inhale but do so anyways.

"There there." He tilts his head. My whole mind goes blank.