Night terrors

That disgusting tension fills up the room, my whole body heating up with fear. I could feel the grip that he had on my arm tightening making me let out a small whimper, he was mad at me for the whole dinner, giving me silent treatment that I couldn't handle. "What's going on, Brian." I look up at him, tilting my head while rubbing my nose, clearly confused.

He slams the apartment door shut and locks it making me flinch from the sudden change of movement. "How dare you wear this dress in front of my friends! How fucking dare you embarrass me like this, they're going to think your a slut now!" He yells, I could've sworn I saw his eyes glare a slight colour of a crimson red. "You- you bought me this dress.." I narrow my head down, pressing my lips together to bottle up the mix of emotions inside.

"Yes, yes I did. But that gave you no right to wear it in front of other men!" He slams his fist against the wall that was at least an inch between my head. I breathe out a ragged breath before he grabs me by the neck, my first instinct is to look at him right in the eyes, trying to find get any part of his spirit back into mine but it was no use, instead he lets out a groan and slams me over the other side of the cold wall that my bare back touched.

I try to look away from Brian's eyes but he takes my chin and lifts it up to look at his brown shutters that are full of the ocean that isn't discovered yet, that are just filled with darkness and no colour seen. "Brian I- I can't breathe." I stutter, coughing out a sharp cry of pain while he presses down onto my vocal cord.

"I. Don't. Care, Alexandra." He speaks in a cold tone that brings shivers down my throat and then my spine all together in one hit. "Do you know what I do care about though?" Brian presses his mouth against my ear, I smelt the sensation of some sort of strong scent, alcohol for sure. "Your body," I sniff through my nose, my legs weakening almost entirely, the only thing that was holding me up at this point was his hand.

I shake my head, "Please don't- don't do this." I choke up a cough with a few drops of tears. "This is your punishment.." He whispers, lifting up my dress to expose my laced bra and underwear.

"Shh.. it's okay now, your safe." I feel myself around Jonathan, his fingers running through my hair as I listen to his comforting words, I didn't even realise that I was sobbing until this exact moment. Every time a tear trickled down my face i felt a slight flash of a burn. I look up at him with my red eyes and completely break in tears even my whole body trembling under him and with his free hand wrap around my waist softly.

This happened to me often but never, ever in front of anyone. Night terrors, my biggest fear coming true, eating me up from head to toe. All my trauma flooded back to me in one night making me not able to sleep properly, it was life sucking. "I'm- I'm sorry." I cry, gently placing my head onto his shoulder, feeling comforted by his soft voice and touch. "Hey.. don't be sorry, sweetheart. I get it all." He whispers calmly against my ear, his warm breath making me calm down in a slow speed. I saw a slight pinch of regret in his face but he goes for it anyway. "What happened, love?" He tilts his head as I wipe my tears away. "I-" sniff, "I have ptsd." I murmur under my breath, letting my emotions flood outside.

Jonathan's eyes softened in a millisecond sending an aching feeling in my heart, the way he looked so tired and sad made me feel the same way, we connected in a way, some way. "It's okay, baby." Not only was I still shaking but I could feel butterflies crawl inside of my stomach from his raspy voice. After about thirty full minutes of him helping me calm down and relax we hear his phone go off, "Fuck, it's one of my colleagues, listen honey. I'll be back in about 3 hours, I'm just going to pop down into the workroom because we've got a.. problem." I rub my nose but nod. I would've said, "Problem? What problem." But I'm too weak for any stupid, not-important questions.

Whatever, I'm so exhausted. Every time I have these 'flashbacks' I get so tired after it. My whole body feels disconnected out of my soul. Im going to sleep. I wrap myself in Jonathan's covers and close my eyes, slowly.