Baki Hanma x Feminine! Male Reader Headcanons

Yet another boring attempt of a fight. Baki yawns, distracted, and swiftly walks away from the arena. Tokugawa is waiting for him in the hallway and greets him: "By the way, Baki, there's someone who wants to meet you. Not a challenger, mind you, just a fan. (Y/N) has been coming to all of your matches." The young boy considers the offer and stretches lazily, nodding in agreement. Why not? Probably some kid that's going to give him the classic speech of wanting to be strong like him.

As he enters the room, he takes a moment to stare in surprise. Startled, you ask him if something is the matter, blushing in embarrassment. "N-no, just...(Y/N) is a masculine name, isn't it? I guess I didn't...um...expect to see someone this pretty." What a bizarre thing to say, Baki thinks to himself, but it's true. Up until now, he's always been on the receiving end of such compliments. The Hanma has always had feminine features, which often led to opponents underestimating him. Seeing a guy that's even more androgynous must've caught him off guard. So much that his heart skipped a beat, it seems.

Once the air is cleared, you fumble and fidget in an attempt to explain your admiration. The boy observes your awkward display with an amused smile. Cute. Dedicated fans are always a good source of entertainment, even if temporary. Although, right before you bow and excuse yourself to leave, he finds himself asking for your contact information. Both of you are equally taken aback. Why would he need to see you again? He already has friends and otherwise no time for romance. Yet the thought of a permanent goodbye irks him unpleasantly much.

Which is why he's here now, leaning against the wall and squeezing the carefully wrapped bouquet of flowers. He has no idea why he got it, as this isn't necessarily a date. Just a break from his training. In the brief time he's spent messaging you, he's come to the conclusion that you're rather pleasant company. So it's only natural he'd get you a little something to celebrate the first actual hangout since meeting. Right?

His musings are interrupted by the raised voice of men nearby. Baki immediately frowns upon realizing you're the target of their shameless flirting. The longest part of the whole ordeal is actually reaching his targets, everything else is settled in seconds. With fists still clenched, he turns to you. Really, you have no right to be this pretty. Look at you apologizing for being weak and unable to help. It dawns on him that he might just have a crush on you. And so he searches your gaze with a confident smile, reassuring you: "Why would you need to be strong when you have me? That's the job of your boyfriend." Saying it out loud fills him with a certain sense of pride. What a tempting thought, protecting his cute little (Y/N).

If you truly insist, there are other ways you can help him.