Baki Characters x Sick! Reader

Featuring Baki and Jack Hanma, Kaiou Retsu, Katsumi Orochi and Pickle. And a reader that's battling a cold!

Baki Hanma

There are two stages of Baki's involvement. Once you're not answering his calls he will be at your front door, worried and considering ways to break in. That's when he hears the muffled coughing and sneezing through the walls and figures it out: You're sick. He'll return with a bag of supplies and offer to stay at your place until you feel better. His help consists of quick Google searches, because he's never had anyone doting on him and consequently has no idea how to care for someone in such situations.

Second and final stage is him getting sick from you. You'll wake up in the middle of the night to see him trying to hold back his cough, at first denying his poor health until you touch his forehead and it's burning. The bad news is that you're both bedridden. Baki is beyond embarrassed, attempting to justify himself and explaining it has never happened before. Eventually one of his or your friends will show up and pay the occasional visit to play nurse. At least you're not suffering alone. You're not sure if it's an actual saying, but you're tempted to believe colds go away faster in good company.

Jack Hanma

You don't want to interfere with Jack's routine, so once you wake up with the familiar sore muscles, you decide to quietly recover from home. Jack notices your absence and while he does not want to be nonchalant and potentially impose on your personal troubles, he can't help the curiosity. In fact, he spends the whole training time wondering why you've skipped your usual visits. So when you hear a knock on the door you don't think twice about opening it. Probably your food delivery. Only when you notice Jack's massive frame blocking any outside view, you gasp in surprise.

"Oh. You seem to be ill." Is all he states before turning on his heels and leaving. You stand there baffled and eventually return to your warm bed. Just as you cozy up, there's another knock and you groan, throwing the blankets off of you. This better be the hot soup you ordered. Except it's Jack again, holding not only your delivery, but also multiple other bags with groceries peeking out. "Y-you're back?" You mumble. "Well, can't do much empty handed. Here's your order, but I got some extra things to help with your cold", he states as he invites himself in.

Kaiou Retsu

You know Retsu will be worried about you, so you try your best to mask the symptoms over the phone. "That's a stuffed nose. Are you sick?" He immediately points out. Uh oh. You fumble with some excuses and he promptly hangs up. Have you upset him? You're starting to feel bad. He's never dropped out of a conversation like this before. You try to call back several times until you're distracted by the sound of your doorbell. You're not in the mood for visitors. You continue your attempts to reach Retsu as you approach the door and open it. "I suspected as much." Your head snaps up hearing the familiar voice.

Before you can say anything, you're casually lifted up and brought to your bed. As if he's been doing it his entire life, the Kenpo master tucks you in and pulls out an apron from his bag. "I'll check what ingredients you already have in your pantry and go buy the rest. Before that, I'll make you a tea. Any preferences?" You open your mouth to speak, but he's already walking away, describing the best choice of drink for the common cold. Really, the best thing you can do right now is to rest and leave everything else to him.

Katsumi Orochi

Usually, Katsumi will avoid using the spare key you've given him. On the other hand, he was supposed to pick you up for your regular date night and you haven't answered his persistent knocking, so you leave him little choice. He quietly apologizes for the intrusion as he unlocks the door and tiptoes his way in. The lights are off and he's becoming increasingly anxious, almost sprinting to your bedroom. He stops in his tracks once he sees you buried under the blankets, passed out and sweaty from an obvious cold.

Ah. Well, that makes sense. He smiles to himself and gently pats your forehead to make sure it's nothing serious, then sneaks out of the room. You wake up hours later, groggy and sore. It suddenly occurs to you that you've slept through your date and jolt up, nearly collapsing in the process. You erratically search for your phone and call Katsumi to apologize. Simultaneously you hear his ringtone nearby, so you limp outside, confused. As you reach the kitchen, a pleasant smell invades your nostrils. Katsumi turns to look at you. "You're awake! I made something to help with your cold. I'll bring it to your bed, so you can go back and rest. We can't skip our romantic dinner." He chuckles after the last statement.

Pickle

Pickle has been ill at least once in his life, so he can quickly guess that your coughing and runny nose is not something that's supposed to happen on the regular. Although, if he's honest, he has no idea what he should do. He'd deal with his sickness by just sleeping it out, or downright ignoring it. Seeing you like this, however, fills him with an overwhelming desire to help you. He does love you, after all. Witnessing your suffering isn't something he does with ease.

He manages to gesture the situation to Baki, who follows him back to your place and proceeds to do the first aid he'd sporadically learned over the years. A rather clumsy attempt, but it's better than nothing. Once Pickle has observed the steps, he swiftly shoos the young boy away. All he needed was a little bit of demonstration, some brief instruction on the modern ways. Everything else will be done by him. It's only proper that the actual care is performed by your partner. You're a little afraid of the potential outcome to this experiment. Especially once you hear the loud rattles coming from the kitchen. Don't worry, it's all made with love.