Musashi Miyamoto x Reader Headcanons (Short)

He notices your frown and focused expression as you stare at the screen and can't help his curiosity. He asks you about the mysterious activity and you casually respond it's just a dating sim.

A...what? You have realized your mistake. You proceed to explain what a visual novel is - really just an interactive story - and follow with awkward details regarding the particular case of an otome game. By the time you're finished, you're blushing pathetically. Musashi, on the other hand, seems very amused by the whole concept. He used to be a writer himself and the idea of a branching, immersive story is simply fascinating.

He insists on witnessing it with his very own eyes. You show him the screen. A man in traditional hakama and Shinsengumi robe holds up his sword. The dialogue goes on about protecting you in the midst of this military conflict, and your name is highlighted within the sentence. Musashi's eyebrows raise further up. The technology may be foreign to him, but the narration depicted is rather familiar.

You outline the plot and the characters. You point to the man on the screen and confess, embarrassed, that he was your choice. As you name the features and characteristics that caused your decision, you begin to realize a lot of the traits might as well describe Musashi himself. He must've caught on, too, because a grin creeps onto his face.

"Hmmm. So that's the kind of man you like." He ponders with a smug expression. "Good to know."