Yandere! Baki Characters x Pregnant! Reader Headcanons

Featuring Kaiou Retsu, Katsumi Orochi, Kaoru Hanayama.

Kaiou Retsu

Retsu has never been one to think hard about lineage. He himself was born and raised in a temple, without any known biological relatives, and nonetheless has built lifelong bonds based on loyalty and respect. Yet something about having his own offspring is intriguing and tempting. The idea itself wouldn't be as attractive if it wasn't for the fact that you're part of the equation. Yes, that's what makes it so special. Not the fact that he's passing his genes, but that in doing so he's further materializing his connection with you.

These thoughts come to fruition when you hand him a positive test. He looks at you with a serious, determined expression, but you can guess from the shaking hands just how overwhelmed he is. There's no greater privilege than being a father to YOUR child. He offers you a deep bow and vows to become the best father figure you could ask for.

You try to tell him that he can take it easy, but this man stays true to his word. You look outside the window one day and see him doing his usual training, except this time he's wearing headphones. Listening to music? As if! He got himself some parenting audio books in order to maintain his physique and improve his knowledge on the topic. Your fridge is overflowing with leftovers because he cooks several meal courses at once, just in case you suddenly crave a different dish. You've been approached by officers on the street and had to explain that the man stalking you is your husband, and he's just worried you might get hurt on your grocery shopping trip. You sigh, exhausted.

A newly found sense of purpose floods his being upon holding the newborn. There it is, the concrete, ultimate proof of your love. The reassurance that you've chosen him, out of all the men out there, for this experience of a lifetime. Don't worry, he will never forget it. He will spend the rest of his life demonstrating his devotion and adoration to you. You won't regret your decision. Ever.

Katsumi Orochi

Katsumi has a complex relationship when it comes to family dynamics. He has known both the tragedy of losing a father and the joy of having one in his life to this day. He's been plagued by grief and love at the same time and so for him, the image of a father becomes a labyrinth of feelings. Except that he's not wandering alone, but with his darling (Y/N) by his side. His blindingly bright guide and love of his life.

When you surprise him with the news, he feels as if all pieces of the puzzle click together and he's finally found an exit to the maze, an answer, a purpose. Naturally, being a father holds different meanings to different people. To him, having a child means that your fate has been joined with his. Whatever the future holds for you must now include him, soldered safely into your plans. Oh, what a blissful occasion. You've given yourself to him entirely and he will make sure to never break the trust.

You didn't think he'd care for all the small details, but he does. He'll be right next to you during all appointments. He'll be holding your hand when you're sick and unwell. He'll be scribbling furiously and taking notes during the parenting classes you decided to attend. He wants to know everything and be part of everything. And you'd be fine with it if it wasn't for the equally overzealous in-laws. The Orochi family has you under permanent surveillance, nearly worshipping the ground you walk on. You're overwhelmed.

His hands carefully wrap around the fragile, soft body of the infant. Katsumi marvels at the size and lifts it slightly, in order to be able to view both the baby and the mother. His eyes narrow in a dazed smile, gazing at the sight in front of him. His family has taken many forms, volatile through time, expanding and shrinking. In this very moment, however, it's this. Just you, him and the proof of your bond. He won't allow anything else to interfere.

Kaoru Hanayama

Hanayama is very proud of his father as a yakuza leader, but never fully approved of the way he carried his duty as a parent and husband. He wants to prove that he can be a fearless, hard-hearted kumichou without stripping his kindness to his friends and family. Especially after meeting you, he's convinced he could never have the heart to upset you in any way. The two driving forces in his life are the honor of his family and (Y/N)'s happiness.

And this oath might soon extend and bring everything together at once. When he hears your announcement, he closes his eyes briefly and pictures it. Unexpectedly, the meaning of family has been fulfilled in every way possible. He's not afraid or nervous, in fact he's welcoming it with open arms. He feels almost nostalgic, similar to when he inherited his father's title and became responsible for his Group. He asks for the ceremonial cups to be brought, together with the best sake. From parent to child, he raises the small cup for his second sakazukigoto and you return the gesture with a solemn smile. You sheepishly remind him that you can no longer drink alcohol and he bows to apologize, flustered.

Hanayama will make sure that everything is at your feet. The whole branch has now been tasked to provide to your smallest wishes and desires. Not only are you his life companion, but you are gifting his Group with a new addition and he wants you to be aware of your importance. Sometimes he might become a little melancholic, wishing he could ask his mother for advice on how to proceed. When that happens, you hold his hand firmly and remind him that you're just as clueless and you will figure it out together. Truly, what a blessing you've been in his life.

When the newborn child is placed in his arms, Hanayama can feel his knees weakened by emotion for the very first time. Not only is this small human his own blood and flesh, but a part of (Y/N) as well, serving as a promise of devotion. You're all his and now he has a permanent reminder of it. He chuckles, slightly regretful that he can no longer parade you around with an obvious belly. He feels you tug at his sleeve. "Have you told Kizaki?" You ask, fatigued. "I told everyone, actually. They're all outside." You cover your eyes with your arm, not wanting to imagine the sight. Dozens of yakuza casually hanging out in the hospital yard. Welcome to the family, I suppose.