Counterattack

As the fragrance of dawn wafted, Cassandra awoke in the early hours of the morning, the air pulsating with freshness and tranquility, immersed in her sensation as if she were the first to awaken.

Approaching the window with her quiet steps, the sky reflected before her in its warm and rejuvenating colors, a subtle smile seemed to play on her face, embodying a passionate desire to step out and inhale the pure morning breeze, reclaiming harmony and liberation after a long time spent indoors.

Her lover's body absorbed the warmth of the bed she left behind as she exited her room, when she stepped out, her black leopard joined her as if anticipating her arrival, walking confidently beside her, the leopard followed her down the stairs as her obedient companion.

She hurried towards a distant place, crossing the threshold of the forest she had visited before, continuing to wander among the enchanting trees and nature, then she decided to release the leopard back to its natural surroundings, dedicating his return to the wild he was accustomed to.

Cassandra quickly bent to avoid potential danger, relying on her sharp hearing to respond instantly to an unseen threat, she successfully dodged an incoming bullet as if reacting immediately to an invisible menace.

A sense of tranquility prevails as something sways in the shadows, not easily visible to the naked eye, this prompted her to pursue the echo of footsteps rolling on the ground, mingling with the gentle rustle of grass, standing near the figure, she lunged towards him from behind, observant and perceptive.

"An unsuccessful and misguided attempt, much like your presence here, a mistake ingrained."

The man turned to listen to the sound coming from behind him but found only a fly sneaking around, disappearing, then he turned back again sensing something, glancing briefly at the woman whose face was partially hidden by the black cloak.

"Hmm, you move like a damn speed demon, hell!" He attempted another shot, but the woman lifted her head, causing him to pause for a few seconds.

"As a hunter, you fancy yourself a lion practicing the art of hunting prey, while you're not even a part of the village dwellers who comprehend this vacant and absurd role."

The man unleashed a mocking smile. "By God! how did you know? are you a bathroom mirror?"

"Your disheveled appearance, laden with filth, seems like a disaster eagerly awaiting a cleaning manual to rid my sight of this bothersome mess."

"Despite your alluring, well-proportioned body and attractive height, you'll be just a fresh piece of meat in the dead market, where bodies are sold at low prices like ordinary goods, and you'll remain a lively corpse, its beauty priced to match your elegance."

"I'll lounge comfortably on a tree, savoring the view as you futilely attempt to 'kill' or 'kidnap' me, terms as harsh as your nearly impossible goals, your failure rivals the everyday grind you call a job."

"Dismantling your arrogance has become my pursuit and direction."

"Your journey will be long, then."

"You're just a wretched human."

"Deny yourself, weakling, then fix your eyes on me, we'll see if you derive pleasure from the impending fate that awaits you."

He brandished the Desert Eagle handgun and unleashed six rounds into her torso, but it had no effect, no injury or blood appeared.

"Smart, rocking those badass protective glasses."

"What a ridiculous spectacle, squandering my valuable time, shedding tears over utter triviality, how about you take a shot at my head, just for a change?"