Chapter 1

Carolina's heart fluttered with anticipation as she stood outside the towering doors of Crestwood High. Today marked the beginning of a new chapter in her life. Beside her stood her best friend and partner in crime, Lily, who shared the same mix of excitement and nerves.

With her chestnut brown hair pulled back in a ponytail and her backpack slung over one shoulder, Carolina took a deep breath ready to face the unknown halls of high school. Lily linked their arms together, their intertwined fingers serving as a comforting reminder that they were in this together.

The bell chimed, signaling the start of the day, Carolina and Lily navigated through the bustling crowd. Their synchronized footsteps echoed in the hallway, a reminder of their unbreakable bond. Carolina glanced at Lily, and they exchanged a knowing smile.

As the two girls approached their first class, Carolina's heart skipped a beat when she noticed a familiar face. It was the school counselor, Ms. Evelyn, standing by the classroom door. A sense of unease washed over her, like a lingering shadow.

Carolina's curiosity got the better of her, and she mustered the courage to approach Ms. Evelyn.

Carolina (tentatively): Excuse me, Ms. Evelyn, is everything ok?

Ms. Evelyn's eyes softened as she gazed at Carolina.

Ms. Evelyn: Carolina, theres something I need to tell you,

She began, her voice quivering slightly. Carolina's pulse quickened. Questions ran through her mind, What could it be? A secret she never knew? A hidden past? Carolina looked at Ms. Evelyn expectantly, her eyes wide with anticipation.

Ms. Evelyn: You have a long-lost sister,

Ms. Evelyn revealed, her words hanging in the air like a curtain of mystery. Carolina's mind swirled with disbelief. A sister? How could this be? The life she thought she knew began to fracture, as if pieces were falling away to reveal a hidden truth.

Carolina: What.... What do you mean?

Carolina stammered, struggling to process the shocking revelation.

Carolina: Who is she?

Ms. Evelyn hesitated, her gaze filled with compassion.

Ms. Evelyn: Her name is Emily. She's been searching for you for years, Carolina. She wants to meet you.

Carolina's hands trembled. The sister she had never known. The pieces of her life that didn't quite fit together. It all suddenly made sense, like an intricate puzzle falling into place.

Questions swirled in Carolina's mind creating a whirlwind of uncertainty. Who was Emily? Why was their connection kept a secret? And most importantly, did this newfound knowledge change the person she thought she was?

As the bell rang, signaling the start of class, Carolina's thoughts raced. High school was supposed to be about forging new friendships and discovering herself. Little did she know, her journey was about to take an unexpected turn, revealing a fractured life she never could have imagined.