Chapter 20

Carolina and Lily stood outside the dimly lit warehouse as a familiar face emerged from the shadows. The two girls stood frozen as a boy, Jake, the quiet but observant boy from their history class at Crestwood High approached. His eyes held a mixture of determination and concern as he approached them.

Jake: I've been following your investigation,

Jake began, his voice steady.

Jake: I know about the guardian's and what they did to Grace. I want to help you.

Carolina and Lily exchanged glances, unsure of weather to trust Jake. But something in his demeanor made them believe he was sincere in his offer.

Carolina: What do you know?

Carolina asked, her voice filled with a mix of hope and caution. Jake hesitated for a moment before speaking.

Jake: I overheard my parents talking about the Guardians. They're a secret society with ties to powerful people in town. They've been covering up the truth about Grace's disappearance for years.

Carolina's heart raced with a newfound sense of determination. If what Jake said was true, they were one step closer to unraveling their lives.

Lily: We need all the help we can get.

Lily said, her voice filled with conviction.

Lily: Let's work together to bring justice for Grace and uncover the truth about this society along with what our parents were up to.

Jake nodded in agreement, a steely resolve in his eyes. Together, the three of them vowed to delve deeper into the secrets of the guardians and Grace's disappearance, knowing that the path ahead would be treacherous but necessary to find closure and piece together what all there parents have hidden away in secret from them.