Chapter 3

Carolina's mind buzzed with questions as she heads to the one person that started her down this rabbit hole, Ms. Evelyn. She headed towards Ms. Evelyn's office as the weight of uncertainty hung heavy on her shoulders, but determination fueled her steps. She needed answers, and she needed them now.

Pushing the door open to the small office, Carolina froze. The room was empty, the space barren of all its usual warmth. Desks were clustered, papers strewn about, but Ms. Evelyn was nowhere to be found.

A chill ran down Carolina's spine as she called out, her voice echoing through the hollow room.

Carolina: Ms. Evelyn? Are you here?

Silence met her plea, the only response was the faint ticking of the clock on the wall. Carolina's heart sank, realizing that her only connection to the truth had vanished without  a trace. How could someone just disappear?

She paced the room, her footsteps echoing in the emptiness. The weight of uncertainty increased as Carolina's mind raced, searching for any clue, any hint, that would explain Ms. Evelyn's sudden absence.

Her gaze fell upon a crumbled note lying forgotten on the desk, as if it had been hastily discarded. Carolina's hands trembled as she picked it up, her eyes scanning the hastily written words.

"Gone. Time is running out. Seek the truth...."

The message was cryptic, just like Emily's, but it confirmed Carolina's growing suspicion that something was awry. Ms. Evelyn had known more than she let on. But what had driven her to vanish? And why had she introduced  Emily into Carolina's life?

A flicker of movement caught Carolina's eye, causing her heart to skip a beat. Shadows dancing as if they held the answers she sought.

With newfound determination, Carolina followed the dancing shadows, guided by an unspoken instinct. They led her through winding corridors and darkened hallways, the ghostly shapes beckoning her onward.

Finally, the shadows brought her to a door. It stood before her like a barrier, its wood worn and weathered. Carolina placed her trembling hand on the doorknob, bracing herself for what lay beyond.

As the door creaked opened, Carolina entered a room bathed in darkness. But through the gloom, she could make out the faint outlines of a figure standing before her.

Carolina: Ms. Evelyn?

Carolina's voice quivered as she took a hesitant step forward. The figure turned, revealing itself  to be a woman with piercing blue eyes and a sad smile. It was not Ms. Evelyn, but someone else entirely.

Woman: Carolina,

The woman said softly, her voice tinged with sorrow.

Woman: You must uncover the truth. But beware, for danger lurks in the shadows.

Carolina's heart pounded in her chest as she stared at the woman, her mind racism to make sense of her presence. Who was she? And what did she know about the shattered mirror that had opened a door to her own past?

Before Carolina could speak, the woman disappeared into thin air, leaving her standing alone in the darkened room. Fear mingled with anticipation as Carolina realized that her journey had only just begun. She had to find her missing sister, confront the shadows that haunted her life and uncover the truth that lay hidden in the depths of her own existence.

With a newfound determination burning in her eyes, Carolina  stepped forward, ready to face whatever lay ahead. The mystery of her life awaited, and she was determined to reclaim the fractured pieces and make them whole once again.