Chapter 2

Carolina receives a mysterious message from Emily, urging her to meet at an abandoned house on the outskirts of town. Carolina heart raced as she read the message from Emily. Who was this mysterious sister that suddenly appeared in her life? Why did she want to meet in such a secluded place? Doubt and curiosity coiled within her, but Carolina's determination pushed her forward.

That night, under the cover of darkness, Carolina slipped out of her bedroom window, careful not to wake her parents. The moon's glow guided her as she made her way towards the abandoned house on the outskirts of town.

The house loomed before her like a forgotten relic, its windows shattered and its walls crumbling with age. Ivy tendrils snaked up the exterior, their  grip tightening as if to warn Carolina of the danger that lay within. Ignoring the chilling whispers in the wind, she stepped inside.

The interior was a shadowy labyrinth, where each corner seemed to hold a secret waiting to be unearthed. Carolina's breath quickened, but she pressed on, her determination overpowering her fear. Following a faint glow, she found herself in a room with a single beam of moonlight cascading upon a table.

There, she found a scrap of paper, bearing Emily's elegant handwriting. It read "Trust no one, for danger lurks in the darkness. Uncover the truth, Carolina. The key lies within the shattered mirror."

Carolina's heart sank. What did Emily mean by the shattered mirror? And who was she warning her about? Questions swirled in her mind, leaving her feeling more lost than ever before. But Carolina wouldn't back down. Not now.

She followed Emily's cryptic message to a room at the back of the house, where a large cracked mirror hung on the wall. Carolinas reflection stared back at her with haunted eyes, mirroring the confusion she felt within. With trembling hands, she reached out to touch the mirror's jagged surface.

A blinding light burst forth, enveloping Carolina in a haze of colors. When the light subsided, she found herself standing in an unfamiliar room. The walls were adorned with photographs-memories frozen in time.

As Carolina studied the pictures, her heart skipped a beat. She recognized the faces, the places. It was her life, but she had no recollection of these moments. Tremors of unease coursed through her body, and a chilling realization dawned upon her.

Carolina had been living a fractured life, a mere shadow of the truth. Emily had opened a door to a past she could no longer ignore, and now the mystery that shrouded her existence threatened to consume her.

Determined to uncover the truth, Carolina vowed to confront the unknown forces that had shaped her life. But as darkness settled over the abandoned house, she couldn't shake the feeling that danger awaited her around every corner.