Chapter 46

Carolina's heart raced as she stared at the woman in front of her, her eyes filled with a mix of fear and determination. The woman's voice was cold and calculating as she spoke, revealing herself as Dr. Isabella, the current leader of the Guardians.

Dr. Isabella: You may be wondering why you and these girls are here.

Dr. Isabella began, her tone dripping with malice.

Dr. Isabella: We have big plans for all of you. You possess a power that we need, a power that will help us achieve our ultimate goal.

Carolina felt a chill run down her spine as Dr. Isabella gestured towards the girls in the capsules, their faces serene in an unnatural slumber.

Dr. Isabella: You see, these girls are like you. They have a connection to the artifact, just like you do. And we are going to harness that power to unlock its true potential. However each one has been a failure, but you, you are special. The product of Grace and the artifact all in one. But unlike the others, you also have another inside.

A sense of dread settled in Carolina's chest as she realized the magnitude of the situation. She knew she had to act, to find a way to break free and protect herself and the other girls from whatever twisted fate the Guardians had in store for them.

With her jaw set in determination, Carolina met Dr. Isabella's gaze and silently vowed to do whatever it took to thwart their plans and save herself and the other captive girls. The stakes were higher than ever, but Carolina was ready to face the darkness head-on and fight for their freedom.