Chapter 4

Carolina's hand trembled as she took a step further into the abandoned house, her eyes darting around the dimly lit room. The air felt heavy with anticipation, and each creak of the floorboards beneath her feet echoed through the desolate space. Shadows danced on the peeling wallpaper, playing tricks on her mind.

Carolina  knew she had to stay focused, determined to uncover the truth about her life. With a deep breath, Carolina moved cautiously towards a dusty bookshelf in the corner of the room. As she ran her fingers along the spines of the old books, a sudden glimmer caught her attention.

Pulling out a weathered journal, Carolina's heart skipped a beat. The pages were filled with faded ink, the handwritings slightly illegible. She quickly flipped through the pages, hoping to find some answers. The entries spoke of a painful past, of secrets and loss. Could this journey hold the missing pieces of her own story?

Her eyes fell upon an entry dated years ago, mentioning a hidden compartment beneath the floorboards. Carolina's pulse quickened as she knelt down, running her hands over the worn wood. With a determined push, she found a loose floorboard and lifted it, revealing a hidden space beneath.

Inside the compartment, Carolina discovered a small wooden box, intricately carved. Carefully, she opened it, revealing a collection of faded photographs. The  faces that stared back at her were unfamiliar, yet something about them felt strangely familiar. The people in the pictures seemed connected to her in ways she couldn't comprehend.

Carolina's mind raced trying to make sense of the puzzle unraveling before her. She needed to find more, to dig deeper into the secrets buried within her past. Closing the journal and clutching the photographs tightly, she knew she couldn't face this alone.

Leaving the abandoned house behind, Carolina made her way back to Lily's house, her mind abuzz with questions. Lily has always been her rock, her constant support. Together, they could uncover the truth and mend the fractures in Carolina's life.

As Carolina approached Lily's door, she couldn't help but feel a pang of uncertainty. What if the truth was too much to bear? But she knew she had to be brave, for herself, for a sister she had just discovered, and for the life she was meant to live.

With a determined knock, Carolina waited, the weight of her past heavy on her shoulders. She had come too far to turn back now. The door swung open, and Lily's face lit up with a mix of concern and curiosity.

Lily: Carolina

Lily said softly, her voice filled with uncertainty.

Lily: What did you find?

Taking a deep breath, Carolina looked into Lily's eyes.

Carolina: I found more questions, but I also found the strength to search for the answers. Will you help me, Lily?

Lily smiled, her hand reaching out to  grasp Carolina's.

Lily: Always, Carolina. We'll face this together, no matter where the truth leads us.

With their hands tightly intertwined, Carolina and Lily stepped forward into the unknown, ready to unravel the secrets that lay hidden in the life of Carolina.