Chapter 4

After 20 minutes of walking, we stopped in front of an elegant building that was enormous, "Are you sure this isn't a mansion?" I say with squinted eyes, holding my side.

He laughs, "Unfortunately it's not. Think about it as a government school. A training course."

"This is the perfect job opportunity. So, where's your office?" He points to the top.

"I know it might sound crazy but are there any elevators?"

"Affirmative. Walking up 20 flights of stairs doesn't sound like a fun thing to do, you know? It's also time consuming." Briance sighs in relief, "You'll need to sign a few papers to train and prove yourself worthy of the military nurses."

"Certainly. Would it be rude to ask your name?"

"My name is Dimitri Santhos and I work as General Sant. I'll be watching you train with my brother, Alessandro Santhos. He goes by Sergeant Ales'' We follow him inside to the front desk.

"Who may enter the Military Hospital?" A woman says as she puts stuff in her bag.

"General Sant." The women's eyes get filled with worry.

She stops what shes doing, "Welcome back General Sant. You checked out about an hour ago, we were about to leave. Are you hurt?"

"Negative. I may have found more recruits who bumped into me on my way home. I'll be training them tonight. Seeing how their skills are." The woman nods.

"I wish you both luck!" She says to Briance and I.

"Thank you!" I smile and follow General's lead.

"This building is to die for! Even the elevators are very—"

The elevator starts moving up fast making me light headed, "Fast. God. Is that even normal?? Atlas you alright?!"

My head was pounding hard. I fell to the ground, everything starting to turn dark, "Yeah. Yeah. Just a little light headed. Do you have water General?"

"We have food also. Did you eat anything?" He grabs my arm and pulls me up.

"I don't really remember. I haven't eaten in more than a day though." The elevator doors open and I stumble out with the help of the general.

"Good thing I have a refrigerator in my office that's stacked to the brim. Take what you need." I nodded and briances eyes lit up.

"At Least before training right?"

"Ten minutes after you're done eating your food so you don't get sick while training. You need to be at your best and Remember, you need to sign some contracts which may take a few hours."

"Alright cool. You got a red pen?" The general shakes his head.

"Only I could use a red pen. Everyone uses blue. It's part of protocol. Easier to detect."

"Fucking bitch... Well anyways, Atlas, how you feeling?" He whispers in a seductive tone.

"A bit better now that I'm being carried halfway."

"You should feel better after you eat and drink," He digs in his pocket, "Other guy, can you take your friend? I need to unlock the door."

Briance caresses me as the general unlocks the door. As he opened it, my entire body felt warmth. The office was beautiful. The warm lights that reflected off the furniture, the mirrors that had such a frame, the mini kitchen on the other side of the office that was clean and organized. The space didn't even feel uncomfortable to be in. It was flawless.

"What a maintained and comforting office." He goes through the doorway and sits in his chair, "I will find the papers. While you wait, go through the break area. Clean up after yourself and don't mess anything up."