8. A World Of Pure Imagination

✭I look around and Sin City'scold and empty✭

cold and empty✭

I gape as everyone indulges in their own conversations that somehow wrap into one single subject.

A subject that I had no idea was even in the light. My eyebrows scrunch, showcasing my confusion clearly as everyone laughs with glowing eyes.

"I can't wait till we get there. We haven't been back in ages." an albino girl speaks, her voice as delicate as her features.

"I know! It seems like forever since we've gone." my eyes fly between multiple people, hoping that someone explains further on where exactly haven't they been to in 'forever'.

When three more people express their excitement to go to the unknown place, I grow in frustration. "Where are we going?" I spoke over the few people who were still talking.

My voice came out a bit more harsh than I'd have hoped. For the past few weeks, my voice, and my attitude, I have been on edge.

Anyone would be if they were repeatedly ignored by someone they so desperately wanted to like them. It's frustrating.

Everyone goes quiet and turns to me. Before either of the few people in the small cabin can respond, my woman in the shadows speaks up.

The same one who has been neglecting me.

Most of the people around look stunned like they hadn't known she was here at all and the others look like they're used to Mira up and appearing out of nowhere.

"The city of gambling. Aka 'Sin City. Aka 'Las Vegas Nevada'." again, the people look stunned. But this time, it isn't only for her unknown presence, this time it's a greater shock.

I just don't know what it is.

I lean to my side, keeping my eyes on Samira. She hasn't made eye contact with anyone. Her voice was barely there yet, strong and powerful. Something unexpected since the last time I saw her, she was practically broken.

I lean into Emery and whisper. "Why does everyone look so shocked?" I ask.

He turns his head only slightly towards me before whispering back. "The woman never talks. At least not to us. We've all only ever seen her exchange actual sentences with Kai and Zai." he replies, his gaze on the brown skin woman in front of us.

She leans back into the seat that engulfs her into the shadows once more but this time, not that her presence was made known, no one can forget.