16. Kiss Me More

✭Can you kiss me more?✭

Samira's hands cover my eyes as she walks me to an unknown place.

My arms are stuck out in front of me in case I run into something. Not that I don't trust her. I trust this woman with my life by now. I can just be clumsy at times.

"Where are we going?" I ask for what feels like the fifth time. I can picture her shaking her head at my impatient persona.

Surprises weren't a thing in my family. My father, his father, and his father all thought that being surprised, not knowing what to expect brought weakness upon you and your family.

They thought that being surprised was being disadvantaged. Along with other things. Many other things.

"Somewhere," she says, again.

I groan, uneasy by a foreign act that shouldn't be so foreign. "Can I guess?"

The sounds of running water and birds and wind blowing in the trees become apparent. "Are we at the watering hole?" I ask.

It didn't take us long to get to Denaceville but as soon as we arrived, I fell in love with the nature. There are trees and plants everywhere. Freshwater springs and wells on every corner.

Even the buildings are made from all-natural resources.

Samira stops walking, her hands still covering my eyes. "Ready?" her voice whispers near my ear and shivers are sent down my spine. Goosebumps form on my arms and it isn't from the cold air.

I breathe and nod my head, not entirely trusting of my voice. She pulls her hands away from my face and I have to blink a few times to get used to the brightness again.

"Woah!"

We stand on top of a cliff, right next to a rushing waterfall overlooking the forest beyond and all of the freshwater springs coming together at the bottom of the lake.

I smile before glancing at Samira. She's already looking at me with a smile of her own. "This is incredible." I exclaim.

"I know." she sits on the grass and I follow suit, sitting right next to her. "We stop here, every year. It was the one thing I looked forward to. Being here brings me peace. It makes me feel like, I'm closer to my parents."

She leans back on her elbows. "This was the one stop they kept from my parents' original route." she smiles as she remembers something.