Chapter 5: Texting

Lincoln opened up his laptop to start doing his homework. He didn't have very much homework yet as it was still the beginning of the school year, but his English teacher was extremely tough on her students. Lincoln's assignment was to write an essay about his summer. The essay was supposed to be at least 4 paragraphs long, which wasn't that harsh but for the beginning of the school year it was a lot.

     While Lincoln was halfway through his essay a notification popped up on the lower right hand corner of his laptop. It was a notification from Facebook. It said "You've got a friend request from Hilda." Lincoln began to sweat. "Do I accept? Oh god what if she judges me?" Lincoln said to himself. Without thinking Lincoln accepted the request. "OH CRAP!" While freaking out Lincoln followed her back.

     Lincoln began to shake. "I really hope she doesn't think I'm weird..." Lincoln continued to type up his essay. He was almost done with his essay until he got another notification. It was once again another notification from Facebook. This time It read, "You've got a new message from Hilda "Hi Lincoln! I just wanted to apologize for earlier.. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.. I hope you can forgive me.." Lincoln stared at the message for a while, he was thinking of the perfect response. Lincoln pressed his fingers on the keyboard and began to type, "Hey no problem! It's totally okay! :)" Replied Lincoln. He layed down in front of the keyboard until he fell asleep.