CHAPTER FOUR

"Uhh . . .  would you like some tea or something else you like to drink," The omega said as he held the glass.

"Anything is fine," Aryan responded as his son was looking at them instead of coloring in the drawing book.

"I will make chai." He gave him a smile.

Aryan's eyes were observing him as the omega moved back to the kitchen.. He took out a T-pan from a cupboard and put it on the stove. As he tugged the strands of his hair behind the ear, a fancy earring flickering against the room light, embellishing his face when he poured the water from a jug. Then he tossed sugar, tealeaves, and ginger into the pan as if it was any other ordinary day for him to make a cup of tea. But this sight was completely bizarre. Aryan didn't deem this omega to be the type of person to put his foot in the kitchen to make something ever. Not that he would know that omega ever cooked or anything. Aryan would take Shivam to meet him outside in a restaurant, in a privately reserved room, where he would barely stay for fifteen minutes, always in a hurry to leave the place and sometimes, making excuses for not being available to meet Shivam.

Aryan was compelled to believe he'd created some kind of trouble, considering the change in his disposition and feigning kindness. But if it'd been the case, he would have known. So, it brought Aryan to a deduction that Omega wanted a divorce from him. They never got divorced for two reasons. First, Omega was afraid if he got separated from Aryan, his family would cut all ties with him, vanish from the family and he would lose his lavish life. Second; the bond between them also didn't leave him any choice. It might take years to wear off that mark on his neck. If he wanted to get a divorce, Aryan had no intention of stopping him either. 

Diya came back from the terrace. And she took over the kitchen, and sent her son to the living room.

Taking a warm glass of milk with a slice of chocolate cake, which Shivam loved as his mother's saying, Chandra strode in the living room. He sat down next to the little boy as he put the tray on the table. And his gaze stayed on Shivam, watching him coloring in the blank spaces of many kinds of vehicles of his drawing book. It reminded him of his home and his sister's two children coloring  in their drawing books, fighting with each other; who was doing better or who stole their colors, and the thief was not anyone but both of themselves.

Chandra's lips curved into a smile, remembering their bickering.

"Is this your homework?" Chandra asked.

"Yes," Shivam answered, looking up at him.

Chandra lifted the milk glass from the tray. Shivam took with his both hands and finished it once and then he gave back it to Chandra.

"Should I feed you the cake? So you can do your homework also."

The boy cheeks turned red. "I will eat it myself."

Chandra smiled. He gave him the cake, he ate as he watched TV.

Diya came with three cups of tea. And handed both of them, Chandra and Aryan.

"So, how is Amolaka's wedding arrangements going?" she asked, settling on the couch, grasping the tea cup.

"Everything is going smoothly without any problem," Aryan said, taking a glance at the omega whose attention was fixed on the TV, watching with Shivam. He'd foreseen the word wedding to trigger emotions of fury inside of him. But Aryan was flabbergasted when he didn't display any reaction.

After the tea, Aryan, and Shivam were prepared to leave as tomorrow Shivam had school. Chandra walked in the hallway with Shivam followed by Diya. The son and father paused at the entrance to put on shoes.