CHAPTER SEVEN

"How dare you do this to me?" The omega's low, throaty voice stopped Aryan halfway in the room from going to work.

This was the first time Aryan had heard anything from him after their wedding night. The omega had spent two hours reeling from the shock ever since he had woken up. His hard sob could be heard in the bathroom when Aryan was taking a shower.

Aryan spun on his feet to face the omega. He settled on the corner of the bed pitifully and miserably, covered his naked body with the blanket. His beautiful pale face looked fatigued, like a garden with wilted flowers.

The omega didn't look at him as he went on, "You marked me without my consent. How could you do this to me. . ."

The omega had begged him to mark him on their wedding night (certainly, he wasn't conscious of himself in his heat) But Aryan had not considered marking him until the omega yelped the name of another man, Veer. And then Aryan marked him. It wasn't jealousy that led him to do the cruelty to the omega, nor did he mark him to honour his alpha ego. Aryan did it to ward off any possibility of the omega trying to chase after Veer or ever attempt to harm the baby he was carrying now.

"I did it for the child," Aryan told him impassively yet softly.

The omega's eyes, which were as brown as copper, flickered for a moment with absolute hatred toward him. "You ugly liar. You took advantage of my heat. You raped me."

But Aryan's sharp gaze shut his lips firmly.

"Don't victimise yourself. If you had stopped meddling in others' affairs, you wouldn't be here."

His gaze fell to the floor, as if he was aware of his wrong act of attempting to drug Veer.

The omega voice was quiet as he said, "All of this you did for your sister, so I couldn't become Veer's."

"Stop living in delusion. That man never loved you."

Aryan shouldn't have said it to a pregnant omega who was already sad, as if his someone dear had bumped off this mortal world.

"What do you know about love?" the omega scowled back at him.

Aryan was glad he didn't need to worry, because the omega's heart wasn't as delicate as he had thought.

"I know enough not to hurt someone I love."

The omega looked at him as if he had tasted something nasty, but then he glowered at him,

"Remember, even if I married you, I would never be the wife of an ugly monster like you and nor would you have my heart ever. I hate you. The only thing I have for you is hate. You ugly monster."

The omega tossed the blanket over him, shutting himself away from the world.

When Aryan came back from work, the omega was living in a different room and refused to see Aryan, and after a few days, he left to live with his own parents.

The omega blatantly refusing him wasn't new. Often, he had the ignorance to do so. But insisting that he wished to stay in the same room with him was baffling.

it's not even a day for the omega to come and he is already a nuisance.

"And why is that?" Aryan raised his thick eyebrow in the query, which came unexpectedly when he should have thrown the omega out of the room.

Holding the towel in his grip, the omega walked to him, dismissing the seven steps gap between them. His small frame was like a kitten to Aryan's six-feet frame as he stood in front of him. The wind changed its course and drifted between them from terrace sliding doors that he could smell the enchanted flowery scent of his body combined with Aryan's body soap. Locks of his damp hair, teasing his delicate features.