The Darkness Behind A Cute Face

Once again I can't seem to stop staring at Ariya's eyes, they just have so much character and history behind them.

Liam and Ariya sat at a fairly nice restaurant, not something super expensive but not some crappy tavern filled with drunken bards.

As we waited for our food Ariya told me some stories about herself and how she ended up in Erith.

It started roughly 18 years ago in The Western Kingdom, the queen at the time was giving birth the who would very soon be named Ariya, though neither her mother nor her father were very happy when she was born, she was born with horns, but was lacking a tail and wings.

This caused the King and Queen to neglect her and treat her like a peasant and even throw her out of the Royal Family once she turned 6, she was sent to the Guard training facility by her father so he could keep an eye on her as she was known for causing trouble to get her parents attention.

While at these camps she learned how to wield a sword, and with very high proficiency. She stayed in the training camps until she turned 14 which is when you are allowed to join the Royal Guard.

After meeting with the King and Queen, Ariya learned the cold hard truth. Both had forgotten she even existed, she pleaded with both of them to try and explain that she truly was their child but to no avail, they didn't remember.

Ariya stormed off and wandered the castle as a guard and looked for where her room was once stationed, she opened the door and noticed the room was completely changed. Her once bedroom was turned into the second princess's bedroom, and this is when she realized she was replaced by a sister who was only a couple of years younger than herself.

This Infuriated Ariya and caused her to quit being a Royal guard and leave the Westyan kingdom entirely. The first year of being by herself was rough but she managed to survive by hopping from guild to guild seeking shelter and money.

During one of her guild hops she stumbled across an Incubus who was much like her and only possessed a tail compared to her horns. His name is "Xavier Delion, Leader of The Drunk Demon Guild" He taught Ariya how to unlock her full succubus but it came with a time limit of a couple hours, which may seem like a lot, but she can't use the ability over and over again.

Xavier Delion was the reason Ariya Ended up in Erith, after training with him and his Guild it was time to say goodbye. This left Ariya alone once again with barely any money, weeks passed in Erith until the start of The International Trade Market which is where Ariya and Liam stumbled upon each other.

It truly is sad, listening to someone's sad life story does make you see them in a different light. At first, I thought she was just mean, but now I know that behind her cute face is a life of pain and neglect... I can relate to the pain and neglect apart.

"That's my life story..." Ariya said looking down and avoiding eye contact with Liam.

"You've definitely been through hell..." Liam said unintentionally not knowing what to day in this situation.

"Yeah... It's your turn now, what's your story?" Ariya asked looking up into his eyes.

I knew this would happen at some point, I just need to come up with something that makes sense.

"First off, my name is Liam." He said, he thought that they had exchanged names earlier but he never actually said his own.

"Liam... A name of power and bravery..." Ariya mumbled.

"I... Don't remember my past, I hit my head and I can only remember back about a year when I was saved by an elf girl in a river." Liam explained.

"Maybe you'll remember one day," Ariya said not knowing the truth behind Liam's life.

"Yeah... Maybe someday." Liam said nervously.

I don't want to remember.

"I have a question Liam." ariya said after a long period of silence.

"Hit me," Liam replied.

"Am I required to stay with you at all times?" Ariya asked uncertain of the deal he made with the prison guard.

"Not at all, if you want to you can leave and go off as long as you stay out of trouble," Liam said as the waiter set a plate of food between the two.

"Oh, so I'm not required to travel with you?" She replied looking at the food, her stomach rumbled from the lack of food lately.

"Exactly, but if you for with to stay we could start a guild to get us both back on our feet, I said to you in the jail cell that I'll be the hand you can grab on to because I know exactly how it feels to be at rock bottom," Liam said taking a bite of some cooked chicken that they ordered.

The meal cost all of the money that the two had left meaning they are currently both completely broke.

"I'll stay with you Liam, you've helped me so much already though our first interaction was messy, you are a good person..." Ariya said while grabbing a piece of chicken and eating it slowly.

"Very well, for this point forward we will be a team," Liam said while setting down his fork.

"Do you... Have a place to stay?" Ariya asked, one of her biggest fears was starving of death and dying in the cold, during her guild hoping phase she came close to both several times which made her even more nervous.

"You can stay in the room I have rented out for now, it only has one bed but I can sleep on the floor until we can upgrade the room," Liam replied as he continued to eat the chicken they ordered.

"I'll sleep on the floor, you've done enough for me already," Ariya said before quickly eating to make sure she ate enough quickly.

"If you insist, I will still give you the pillows to make a makeshift bed with," Liam said while grabbing another price of chicken.

Ariya looked down and blushed a little, it's been a while since someone was this nice to her.

"That would be nice..." Ariya said continuing to fill her mouth with food.

The two finished eating and headed back to where Liam's adventure in Erith started the Inn.

To be continued...