Dream Team

The wind howled as a man climbed onto the railing of a bridge, he looked down and felt his heart begin to pound as if it weretrying to exit his chest. He looked down to the water and took a deep breath in before beginning to sway back and forth, he was one step away from freedom but he couldn't bring himself to take the final step just yet. He took a deep breath in and began to move forward.

"Goodbye world..." He said as he fell forward off the bridge.

Liam's eyes shot wide open and his heart was pounding in his chest, his face and body were both covered in sweat, his breathing was heavy, and his eyesight was blurry almost as if he was underwater.

Liam fell backwards and tried to focus his eyes on the ceiling attempting to fix his eyesight, as things began to clear he felt an extra weight on top of his waist.

He sat back up and adjusted his eyes to see a very sleepy Ariya straddling him with her tail swaying behind her.

"You scared me, for a second I thought you were possessed," Ariya said while yawning.

Liam sat there unable to comprehend what was going on, this was easily the closest he had ever been to a girl, and he couldn't tell if she was completely awake or not.

"You're lucky that you had this bed... The floor hurt my back." She said again while yawning and stretching her wings before pushing Liam back down followed by falling to the side and landing right next to Liam in bed.

She snuggled up to his arm and fell back asleep leaving Liam with only his thoughts, which after what just happened weren't the purest thoughts he has had.

Her body is really warm, and the sound of her breathing is almost soothing...

Liam began to fall asleep again, this time finding a little bit of comfort on the cold hard bed that he despised.

A few hours later the sun began to rise causing light to flow freely through the window illuminating the room.

Liam opened his eyes and was greeted by a sleeping Ariya who was hugging his arm tightly.

I have to get up... But she looks too peaceful while sleeping...

After a few minutes of sitting there in silence, Liam noticed that Ariya began to wake up.

"Good morning..." Liam said quietly.

"Morning..." Ariya said while sitting up and stretching, her wings and tail still visible.

Liam smiled as she opened her eyes, her face completely red and she fell backward off the bed hitting the floor with a decently loud thud.

"Are you okay?" Liam said while leaning over the side of the bed to look at Ariya.

His face was bright red and she was staring at the ceiling, avoiding eye contact and ignoring the question.

"Why was I next to you?" She said moving her eyes back to Liam and pressing her hands together causing her tail and wings to be resealed to conserve her energy and time limit

"I don't know completely, I woke up from a nightmare and you were on top of me and kinda mumbling in your sleep," Liam explained getting off the bed and helping Ariya up off the floor.

"I... I'm sorry..." Ariya said looking down at the floor.

"What are you sorry for?" Liam asked while looking down too, thinking some of this was partially his fault.

"It's um... Nothing it's nothing..." Ariya said shaking her head.

"No, it's something," Liam replied.

Ariya took a deep breath before looking back up, her face still covered in a blush.

"When Succubi and Incubi find attachment in people they are close to their bodies can do things unconsciously to get closer to the person emotionally and physically..." She explained before looking down again.

She likes me?

Liam looked at her and slowly hugged her.

Ariya let him hug him for a few seconds before pushing him away.

"Just because I let you do that just now, doesn't mean I will let that become a normal thing," Ariya said as she took a few steps back to give them distance.

After a while of getting ready Liam and Ariya headed back to the streets of Erith, as always the streets were crowded by merchants and consumers, lucky this time the two broke travelers didn't have to work through the crowd as the adventures guild was in the opposite direction.

Liam and Ariya made their way to a large tavern where the adventurers guild was located.

As they entered Liam's eyes widened, Erith had the third largest guild building which showed. A huge bar went from one side of the building to the other, and the other side of the building had a wall full of tasks that adventurers could take.

Liam made his way to the bar and stood by the bar, Ariya following close behind him.

"Hey cutie~," The female bartender said as she saw Liam walk up to the bar, she was a fairly skinny lady and had cat ears and a tail which was decorated with a cute bow.

"Go to he-" Ariya started to speak before Liam spoke loud enough to drown her out.

"Hello, we are looking for someone to sign us up as a guild." Liam blurted out Trying to cover up what Ariya was about to say.

"Tis I!" She said with a smile trying to look cute.

Ariya rolled her eyes and sat down looking the opposite way.

"Oh," Liam said while looking over at Ariya who seemed very interested in talking to the cat hybrid.

"Yep, meow~ you said you wanted to get signed up correct?" She asked while leaning over the bar toward Liam.

"We would like to sign up as an official guild so we can take tasks."

The lady reached under the counter and pulled out a piece of paper and a medal badge.

"You both will have to sign this paper and then you will be able to start taking tasks. After your first task is complete you must draw your guild insignia and write your name on it, bring it back to me, and you're all set~" She explained while staring into Liam's eyes almost seductively.

Ariya stood up and scribbled her name on the paper before walking to the wall with all the tasks they could take.

"Thank you for your help," Liam said while writing his name down taking the medal badge and putting it in the satchel that he carried around.

I wonder why Ariya was so unenthusiastic while talking to that hybrid girl.

Liam walked over to where Ariya was standing and read a couple of the tasks that were on the wall.

It seems that there are three different types of tasks. The lowest ranked ones are called Tasks, they are made for newer teams to get the hang of things, these tasks can range anywhere from everyday jobs to fighting off small monsters. Then you have Missions, which are for full teams of skilled adventures. And finally, you have Commissions, Commissions are missions that are specifically sent to certain guilds.

"Let's go for something simple, like..." Ariya said while looking through the simple tasks.

"Two fire Elementals spotted outside the northeast gate of Erith, does that sound fun?" Liam asked while pulling the piece of paper down.

"That sounds simple enough," Ariya replied while walking closer to Liam.

Liam and Ariya walked back to the bar and notified the cat hybrid about the task they took, she gave them a couple of pointers which Ariya refused to listen to. After that, they embarked on their first adventure as an official beginning-level guild.

To be continued...