The City Of Water

(Flashback)

"You just like me when I was younger, always looked at as a failure until I proved everyone wrong. You may be asleep and will be until your day arrives..." A mysterious creature surrounded by angelic clouds said looking down at a young man with pale skin and dirty blonde hair, around him was a white sweatshirt that seemed to be brand new.

The young man's body was suspended in animation mid-air in a position that looked like he was drowning.

"...But one day... I believe you can accomplish what I couldn't... For you... You are special..." He said again while his large angelic wings spread as he stretched.

His eyes blinked a few times before he before he disappeared, his eyes had bright glowing irises and pitch-black pupils.

(End of flashback)

The Inn that the group was staying at gave them a new pair of clothes to wear.

Liam looked at himself in the mirror, he was wearing the new shirt and pants but also had his usual burnt and ripped sweatshirt on.

It adds character...

Liam sighed as he walked back over to a sleeping Ariya, his hand pressed against her leg and he began to shake her slightly.

"wake up Ariya..." Liam said gently trying to wake her up.

She shifted slightly, still not waking up.

Liam got up and stood next to Ariya before leaning in close to her face.

"Ariya." He said sternly with his face inches away from hers.

She quickly woke up to Liam right next to her face, she turned completely red as he stared into his eyes.

She's blushing?

"Good morning sleepy," Liam said as he stood up straight.

"Don't get that close unless you want a kiss..." Ariya mumbled extra quickly while sitting up.

"Huh?" Liam asked not hearing the latter part of her sentence.

"Nothing... Just let me get ready and then we can head out." Ariya said standing up and stretching her arms over her head.

"Alright, I'll go wait outside of the room," Liam said while slowly exiting the room.

Ariya quickly changed into her normal clothes, completely ignoring the free clothes from the inn. She grabbed her sealing scroll and sword, fastening both to her hip before leaving the room.

Liam turned as the door open, the same old Ariya that he knew and loved appeared. He looked at her and smiled before speaking.

"If I remember correctly Ne-Ne told us to meet her at..." He tried to remember where they were supposed to meet.

"The Aquadias Shrine." Ariya interjected, her tone made it obvious that she wasn't that excited about going to a religious site.

"Oh yeah," Liam said as he grabbed her hand and walked with her to the shrine.

As the walked through the streets of Aquadias many citizens gave Ariya weird look and many side eyes.

She noticed all the eyes on her and started to feel self conscious, she wrapped her arms around liams arm and kept walking while looking down.

Why is everyone looking at us?

Liam thought to himself and looking at Ariya, and then it hit him. Aquadias was a very religious place, and Ariya looked like a devil due to her horns.

They walked quickly to the shrine and entered, Liam closed to door behind him. But he could still feel the states of hate and shame, they weren't even directed towards him but he could still feel her pain.

"I'm sorry Ariya..." Liam said while stepping closer to her.

"It's fine-" she replied coldly as she turned to face away from the door and Liam.

Liam walked behind her and wrapped liamarms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Ignore them Ariya, your beautiful." He mumbles while hugging her.

"Thanks... Idiot." She said jokingly whirl reaching her hand up to play with his hair.

As she stood there a young lady with very light blue hair walked past, she was covered in water drop like designs and two sets of prayer beads wrapped around her hands.

Liam stood up feeling a unpleasant presence and she walked past.

That feeling... That a feeling that someone can't forget.

"Who are you?" Laim asked while taking a step in front of Ariya to protect her in case his guys feeling was right.

The blue haired lady turned around and looked at Liam with wide eyes.

"Your..." She muttered before running further into the shrine.

Liam grabbed Ariya's hand and chased after the young lady.

Her presences feels like the cloaked creatures that destroyer Grovefeild but she looks like a nun and is acting like a child...

Liam and Ariya ran into the main room and immediately stopped as they saw Ne-Ne standing next to a priest and the young lady.

"Your finally here, I'm surprised you guys aren't late at all." Ne-Ne said while looking at the two.

Liam's eyes we're locked onto the blue hair girl, he knew something about her was off and we was going to let her do anything if his feeling was right.

"Who is that?" Liam said while pointing at the blue haired girl.

"This is the Water Spirit, Azumi of The Aquadias Church." Ne-Ne replied.

She's the Water Spirit? That would explain the feeling I have.

"So she's the one you wanted me to meet?" Lain asked while still looking at her with narrowed eyes.

"Mhm, she one of the strongest people in Aquadias and just so happens to be my guild members as well." Ne-Ne explained while placing a hand on Azumi's shoulderp

Azumi looked at Liam will wide eyes and began to mumbled something.

"Is he an enemy or an ally?" Azumi's asked while taking a step toward Liam.

"I'm an ally..." Liam mumbled as he looked at the shorter female.

Her blue hair covered her forhead and was pulled back into a bun that had a set of prayer beads holding it all together.

"I want to see your strength before I consider you an ally." Azumi said while stopping and looking at Liam and Ariya.

Does she see me as a threat just like I saw her originally?

"It will be a sparring match between spirits," Azumi said while turning to Ne-Ne.

"Do you accept Liam?" Ne-Ne asked

"I accept," Liam said with power behind his voice to show that he meant what he was saying

"Very well we shall head to the magic field and start this sparing match," Ne-Ne replied while walking to a door that was on the opposite side of the shrine.

To be continued...