Brotherhood

I think about death often, I wasn't able to feel what death was like during my original life... I didn't witness death, all I know is that I took my own life to end my suffering.

Liam opened his eyes and looked up at the sky, it felt all too familiar.

As Liam awoke from being knocked out he felt his head on a soft warm surface and he heard Ne-Ne talking about a story that has been passed down since the beginning of time. That story is called "Brotherhood".

In a land long forgotten by time lived two brothers, they were known as the gods of Heaven and Hell. Both brothers weren't normal humans, they belonged to a special race called spirit humans. Being spirit humans caused them to grow exponentially power-wise, and this in return caused the world to fear them as they were the only two beings that possessed magic.

As they entered adult life the younger brother, Azarteris grew to despise his oldest brother, eventually getting to such a point where Azarteris tried to kill his brother over a fight about land and power. The older brother, Likoniam didn't go down without a fight, over roughly 50 years they fought over and over again, and the sheer force of their constant battle shaped the world as we know it.

As Azerteris was about to finally end his brother's life Likoniam cast one of the first-ever named spells. Purity, Seal of Heaven and Hell. This spell sealed Azerteris in a distant land that had a biome similar to hell. But the use of Likoniam's pure magic with such intensity ended his life, as he died energy was released from his body this energy was later named "Koni radiation", this radiation affected pregnant women, but more specifically the fetus with that pregnant woman. The radiation also affects the world itself, healing the scars that the brothers created, and creating the world of magic as we know it today.

The children born with this radiation within their body could use magic, the first child born with magic marked the start of the Likoniam Magic Calendar more commonly known as the "LM" Calendar.

Ever since the disappearance of the brothers hundreds of people have claimed to be the reincarnations of the brothers, though none have been reincarnations. Until one day a cloaked Creature appeared out of nowhere and quickly began to climb through ranks of the mage and sorcery program and became the leader.

Now that he's the leader of the mage and sorcery program, he has the entire program under his control and at his disposal. Very few people were able to escape his control before he mass cast a mind control spell on everyone in the program.

As she finished up telling me the story she looked down into my eyes... And smiled.

"You're eyes changed color and your pupils began to change into a cloud pattern..." Ne-Ne said while looking down, her Light Brown hair long enough to touch Liam's face, her face was cute yet had history behind it to show her age, and her last defining feature where her pointy elf-like ears.

"... Yeah... And?" Liam asked as he excited her for a minute before releasing he was lying on her lap.

her legs are so soft, and comforting...

"You're a spirit." She replied while running his hands through Liam's hair, his hair was rather soft compared to the average person in his world.

"I..." Liam muttered out as he felt her hand brush through his hair.

"I take it the last person to tell you was..." Ne-Ne stopped and had to choke back a tear that was beginning to form in her eye.

"You know about what happened in Grovefeild?" Liam asked looking up and Ne-Ne.

"I was informed the second I walked into Erith yesterday..." Ne-Ne said as a single tear rolled down her face.

"I'm... I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything to help them..." Liam said looking away from her face and began reminiscing about Lilly.

"So I was right... You were to one who they said witnessed it..." Ne-Ne took a leaf off of the group and examined it, the vein of the leaf started to turn brown as she released her magic through it.

"Witness the destruction of the village?" Liam asked as he began to sit up from lying down for so long, his body still hurt from the electricity magic that was pumped through him.

"Yes, the destruction of the village... And you also witnessed how that bastard killed my sister." Ne-Ne said whipping away her tears.

Ne-Ne's words hit Liam like a bomb, the world around him stopped and he was left with only his thoughts.

... Don't stop smiling...

To be continued...