chapter three

"What happened?!" Hermione asked screaming.

It's now evening, the ceremony is over, we've eaten and now we should actually go to sleep, but well, there was just a lot to talk about. I told Hermione the story from today, she wasn't happy at all, but that's understandable somehow, but they were in a sick mood today. I convinced myself that it was somehow just my imagination or something, but the more I think about it, the less likely it is that I was imagining it. It was always like that with Draco, he said some things once, even looked at me a few times and tried to have me back. But this hasn't happened in any way yet. I don't know what to think about it either, but something isn't as it should be, Hermione knows exactly about it too. That's why she's so worried about me, which I completely understand.

"You're really unlucky when it comes to boys," she told me.

As if I didn't know that myself. I've come to think that I have something of a magical attraction to psychopaths, but of course that's just a thought. I'm kind of desperate, I don't know what to do either. I would like to avoid them completely, but that is almost impossible, especially when they both have lessons with me. Knowing Draco, he will definitely take the same lessons, as we are pretty specific when it comes to school. I didn't want to talk to Hermione any longer, so I said goodnight to her and finally went to bed. Of course I won't sleep, that's almost certain, I think about Draco and Mattheo all the time. Can't this just stop? But then Ginny suddenly appeared, she meant that it got around that McGonagall wanted to see me. I look at the clock and it was quite late, 9pm to be precise and Professor McGonagall never has picked someone up from the common room so late. But when Ginny mentioned it was an emergency I just had to leave, I was worried if it was something about my parents or something worse. So I quickly put on my clothes, a sweater with matching sweatpants, and ran to the astronomy tower, where she wanted to meet me. Somehow I also thought that it would be good for me to go there, watch the stars and just think about everything in the fresh air. I loved it up there when I was younger. But when I arrived I saw someone unwanted, someone I wanted to avoid. What is he doing here? Can't he just leave me alone? Luckily he had his back to me, he was wearing his black suit and his hair was already done. I smiled a little but once I remembered who it was I quickly stopped. When he turned around he greeted me with a too nice hello. I didn't even have the time to say anything because Professor McGonagall came straight to us. She looked at me a little concerned but when she saw Draco, she looked at him more pleased than ever before. So if that's because of my clothes then she should make such appointments earlier.

"I'm sorry this is so spontaneous, but I didn't get around to it earlier. You two are the student representatives, Hogwarts is organizing a ball for 'a new year at this school'. It's something completely new so we thought it would be perfect that the two student representatives organize it."

She smiled, but all I got out was a loud 'what', which made Draco laugh. She looked at me again, why doesn't this woman like me? But more importantly, what is my job?! I have to work with fucking Draco Lucius Malfoy, in my free time and especially alone. This can't be right, no, this day is a complete fever dream. The worst part of the story is that we have to do this in just two weeks. TWO WEEKS? I practically have to live with this boy if I want to do that. I just sighed and she looked at me a little strangely again. No, really everyone should just leave me alone, at least for today. But when she finally disappeared I was able to at least sit down for a moment and get some fresh air. Breathe deeply in and out otherwise I'll have a panic attack. Of course Malfoy had to sit down next to me, how inconvenient. We didn't even look at each other, nobody said anything and there was an awkward silence. When I had somehow calmed down and finally wanted to leave, he interrupted the silence. Couldn't he have done it earlier somehow?

"Is there something going on with Mattheo?" he then asked.

I was a little surprised by the question: why is he asking me that and not his blood relative? But apart from this, what's more important is why he's asking me this question in the first place. Does it look like something is going on? No, that can't be true, he's the one who hates me more than anything and says dirty blood to me, Draco must have imagined something. Without even looking at him I just shook my head, it was still quiet afterwards. Just before I wanted to get up and finally return to the common room, he interrupts the silence again. Can he somehow read my mind or what?