chapter nine

The next morning was pure horror, I will never drink anything again in my life. At least not in the near future. When I looked at the clock it was already eleven o'clock, at this time I was supposed to meet Draco. He definitely won't be mad, he'll understand. Why does getting up have to be so difficult? I had to force myself out of bed and that doesn't happen very often. It's probably the hangover. When I finally forced myself out, I went into our bathroom, where I met Hermione and Padma who were doing their hair. I was a little surprised, Hermione never straightens her hair and Padma never curls her hair. I took a closer look at the two of them; they had also put on make-up. Is today somehow a day where there's a party going on and I don't know anything about it? I couldn't hide my curiosity so I asked if today was a special day, I didn't expect her answer. Hermione is going to meet Pansy today, Padma is meeting George. I saw that both of them would need some time so I just put on my jeans and a sweater so I can make my way to Draco. I should get an award for doing anything with the fattest hangover ever and, above all, for even being able to think. But today it should be quite relaxed, we just have to think about what the hall will look like, there's nothing more. While I was walking in the hallways I heard everyone talking about the ball, somehow it made me happy, but somehow also sad because I can't join in the conversation. The big disadvantage of planning all of this. Shortly before I got to our classroom I went to the toilet so I wouldn't have to later. These two minutes don't make any difference. But just as I was about to go out of my cabin, I heard two girls talking, of course about the ball. Something told me not to go out, so I stayed in the cabin.

"I hope Mattheo Riddle invites me."

Oh damn. It's like a new memory is unlocking in me. Mattheo Riddle asked me yesterday because of the ball and I damn well said yes. Oh my god, why didn't I remember this in the  morning? Shit shit shit, that can't be true. I agreed to the biggest teaser? Agreed to go out with him? It's practically like a date. Holy shit I must have been really drunk yesterday. Is there any way I can flush myself down the toilet? That would be a possibility. When the two girls finally went out I was able to go out too, I washed my hands, looked at myself in the mirror and was surprised at my decision from yesterday. I tried to console myself, maybe it won't be so bad, maybe it'll be fun, maybe he'll turn out to be a good boy. Right, maybe. I had to take a deep breath so that I could come across as normal, luckily I had told him that we wouldn't tell anyone. Well, he'll say he doesn't have anyone yet and I'll say it's a surprise. You have to give me credit for thinking about it carefully. On the way to the classroom where Draco was probably waiting for me, I thought of Mattheo. I imagined him next to me, dancing, looking at each other, smiling at each other and the idea doesn't seem too bad. Hopefully that is also true. But now I have to turn off thoughts of him and concentrate on something more important since I'm already in the classroom. Draco was sleeping on our map of the great hall, not even the squeaking door woke him up. I sit down next to him, to be honest I watched him a little. You just have to watch a face like that. I started to scratch his head, finally I felt his soft hair again. I can't express how much I would like to kiss him right now. What the hell am I talking about here? My head feels like a balloon, nothing is inside. But you can also notice that. But god do I love looking at him. I lay down next to him on the table and suddenly he started smiling. What? Why is he smiling?

"You can carry on but I haven't slept." He said with the most beautiful smile in the world.

I immediately pulled my hand away, now I was a bit embarrassed if I'm being completely honest, but I just pretended that nothing had ever happened. At least it always worked, so why wouldn't it work this time? He sat up, hugged me, it's probably a greeting hug, I don't expect anything else. He asked me where I was all the time, the clock was almost striking twelve and it was only then that I realized how late I actually was. When I explained to him what happened yesterday he listened very carefully, looking me in the eyes the whole time. I can't really maintain eye contact with anyone, but with him it's different. I could look into his eyes for hours. Suddenly I remembered my mother's confession, the relationship between his father and my mother. His letters also came to mind. I hesitated for a long time whether I should tell him about it, but in the end it has something to do with him. But he's not allowed to tell anyone about it and thinking about the relationship between him and his father, I could well imagine him using it against him. But after a long time and far too many promises, I finally dared. Again he put a spell on the room so no one could hear us. Luckily there is magic. I hesitated for another few seconds, but I have to tell him. Firstly because it's his father and secondly, the more important aspect for me, I just have to tell someone otherwise my head won't rest.