chapter eight

We finally arrived back at Hogwarts. There's just one little problem, my mother gave us two bottles of champagne as a farewell gift, which we took home on our return, we drank and it kicked in more than expected. Everyone went back to their common rooms, but I still needed to get some fresh air. So I walked around the school grounds for a bit, hoping I would feel better, but that wasn't the case. Somehow I wanted to cry too, but I somehow held it back. When I heard my name called, I turned around as quickly as I could, but I couldn't recognize the voice or the person. One thing was certain, it was a male. Hopefully not a teacher, they would kill me. The person suddenly started running towards me and since I didn't know who he was, I ran in the same direction as him. It didn't work because I tripped over my own feet. The person helped me up again and when I finally saw his face I wanted to run so far that he couldn't find me anymore. Why is Mattheo Riddle helping me? He hates me after all. Without saying anything he sat me down on a bench, but instead of leaving he did the same. God he should just fuck off, that's all I want. Instead he asked me what was wrong, which I never expected. Then I asked him the same thing, well almost the same thing. His answer completely threw me off track again. He was looking for me because Cho or something told him where I was. Why is someone like Riddle looking for me? What does he want from me? Isn't it enough for him that he has bullied me over the last few years, always calling me dirty blood and then saying I'm beautiful or something like that. Really he should decide because he's starting to get on my nerves. How much I would like to tell him that, no one will believe me. Or better yet, I'd kick him off the bench and run as far away as possible. Not just from him, but also from Hogwarts in general. It would be so nice to live in London as a normal person and not as some witch. Wait, what am I even talking about here? You can tell I'm drunk, my thoughts have never been so chaotic. I curse Cho for telling him where I was. That's why I talk to her thoroughly.

"I have to ask you something." he then said briefly.

Could it be that he is nervous? Can it really be that Mattheo Riddle is nervous next to me?

"I'd love to go to the ball with you. We could talk about the past, just let me get a few things straight and I promise you'll have fun with me."

I'm sorry, what? Riddle just asked me to the ball? Am I dreaming, is this real? How can it be that a boy who apparently hates me suddenly asks me to the ball. But I thought about what we talked in the restaurant earlier, I would say yes to anyone just because I was afraid no one would ask me otherwise. Okay, fuck it, I'll go. He doesn't look ugly and I think we would look good together. If I regret it tomorrow morning, I'll blame it on being drunk. Whatever happens, maybe it turns out that Mattheo isn't so bad after all. While I drink the water he gave me, I don't remember it, but whatever, I think about my decision for a moment

"You know, screw it, I'm going with you. You just have to wear something suitable, my dress is red."

He started grinning and thanked me. I have never seen a boy thank me for being able to go out with me. A real charmer, as I can see. Maybe it really won't be so bad for him. I just have to keep it a secret, I won't tell anyone about it, especially not Draco or Hermione. I say it's a surprise or something. I warned him not to tell anyone and then there was silence between us. It's kind of a good thing, because I already have a slight headache. After a while I just felt Mattheo grab me and I was once lying in his arms like a princess. When I asked him what that was about, his answer was short and simple. 'Common room' He couldn't give a longer explanation or what? I saw him smile, now I understand why everyone falls in love with him. His smile and his eyes. Only now am I rethinking my decision, what will everyone think if I show up there with him? That I'm one of his little sluts? That he had me wrapped around his finger like everyone else? Shit shit shit. Oh no matter now it's too late anyway, they should talk. If I hear just one wrong word I swear it won't end well.

"If you're wondering why no one has asked you to the ball yet, I made sure no one did. It felt like every one of the Slytherins wanted to go out with you, I heard more from the others, so I had to do something about it ."

He said it like it was nothing. He's the reason I was so worried. But it's kind of sweet that he did that. No Celine, not cute, he's like a monster. Good looking monster but monster nonetheless. Oh shit. When we finally arrived he just gave me a kiss on the forehead, wished me goodnight and then left. If I told someone this, no one would believe me. Literally no one.