chapter six

It's finally the weekend, which means my girls' day is today. We are all so happy, literally each of us is so excited about today that we are almost going crazy. My mother even thought this idea was great, which doesn't happen that often. The week itself went by quickly, Draco and I sat on this whole project for a long time and have already organized a few things. We want to do all the seating tomorrow since today was the final date to hand everything in. But today only London counts. So Hermione, Ginny, Lavender, Luna, Cho Chang, Patil twins and I are going to have the best in our life, for now practically. We had to get up early so we could catch the train, by early I mean early, well for me anyway. If you have to organize a whole ball late into the night, nine o'clock is early. We all left at half past nine so we could catch the train at ten and when we walked out of the common room, I saw Draco and Blaise waiting for me? Us? I don't even know, it just looked like they were waiting for someone. Draco came towards us with Blaise, who strangely looked very unsure. What are they both doing? But then something happened that I never expected, Blaise asks Cho if they can talk? We encouraged her to go with him and then giggled like little girls. Everyone except Hermione. Really she's exaggerating a little, everyone has forgotten about that strange argument between the houses because of the ball and everyone is talking at once. This is finally the chance for people to become friends, from all houses. But of course Hermione has to be skeptical just because Draco and I get along. No matter how many times I explain to her that we are just 'friends' in some way, she doesn't believe me. But to be honest I don't care anymore. I can decide for myself who I hang out with and who I talk to. As if it was my fault that I was organizing this ball with Draco. But while Draco and I were talking, Cho came back, I've never seen her smile so broadly. Just like Blaise, they both had those sly smiles.

"Have fun in London Celi. Hope you have a nice day." Draco said and hugged me to say goodbye.

When Blaise hugged Cho goodbye we knew straight away what was going on, but it was even better when she told us about it. He asked if she would like to go to the ball with him, she was so happy that we all had to smile right away. I mean she hasn't been so happy since Cedric, not even last year when Harry and her kissed. The train ride was very relaxed, hardly anyone went along so we were able to get a little sleep. It especially helped me. But I was a little worried, this ball is coming soon and I didn't even think about who I was going to go there with. Will anyone even ask me? This will be really unpleasant if no one asks me, how am I even supposed to go there? I'm sure everyone has a partner except me, even a Crabbe or a shitty Goyle. At worst, I use the excuse that I organized everything and had no head for it. In any case, I won't bother with it today because we have something much better planned. When we arrived in London my mom greeted each of us, even giving me a much warmer welcome this time. In the car we talked a lot about the idea of ​​our dresses; Luna wanted a light blue one, while Lavender wanted a pink one. Of course, I didn't even have time to think about it. What also surprised me a little was that there was such a shop here with masquerade ball gowns. I wonder where everyone else gets their dresses and suits from, definitely not in Hogsmead.

"So make yourself comfortable in Celine's room, my husband will bring you food because I want to discuss something with Celi."

While my father went into the room with my friends, my mother and I sneaked into her study. I just hope she won't talk shit, otherwise I can immediately forget that day. But she seemed different than on the summer break, I mean she was so nice and also some kind of happy for me. If I get her expressions right. Or she really wanted to talk to me because she missed me or whatever. Bu she also no longer seemed so stressed and, above all, she seemed happier. But now I don't know whether it was some kind of mask because of the others, or whether it's really different. But she first looked for something in the study and when she had a stack of letters in her hand I was speechless. This can't be true, it's a joke, definitely. But the way she looked at me already told me that it wasn't a joke. I'm way too speechless right now.