chapter seven

We were all more excited than ever before when we rode on the typical red buses. My mother offered to drive us, but since I didn't want to see her at the moment, I declined. Besides, the bus rides are better anyway, because you just feel like a normal person and not like seven witches who have a completely different life than these. While we were still at my house we got ready, meaning we put on makeup and did each other's hair. I made a beautiful braid for Luna, and I straightened Ginny's curls and Hermione's hair. She really always looks beautiful, but today is something special. I didn't tell anyone about the incident with my mother or about the letters. They don't have to know everything, especially Hermione doesn't have to know everything. Luckily I still know my way around the buses, as the shop we are looking for is a little further away. During the bus ride we discussed again what we would say if someone spoke to us and we don't know what to do. If it does happen or someone doesn't know what to say, we have agreed that I or Hermione will speak. What could possibly go wrong? And just as I was thinking that, Cho accidentally mentioned Hogwarts. We all stared at each other speechless, how can she not get this right now? Is she so freaked out about Blaise or how are we supposed to understand that?

"What are you looking at? Can't even pronounce something wrong?"

At least she saved it and we all had to laugh. Well, my mother gave me her cell phone so I wouldn't get lost, but when I was looking at it the whole time I ran into someone. But it wasn't just someone, it was Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy. I looked at him with wide eyes, apologized and picked up the piece of paper he had dropped. He walked away without saying anything and I tried to hide my shock as best as I could. So I called out loudly and took a deep breath before I went in there. Wow. It looks like a fairy tale in here. Clothes everywhere, lots of Changing rooms and a woman who obviously works here. She greeted us warmly and asked what we were looking for. I liked her reaction to my answer, she was happy, like a little child who had just gotten an ice cream and hugged me, which completely surprised me. As she showed us through the large store and explained to us how no one buys dresses like that even though this store was meant for that, she sounded a little sad as she also explained to us that that's why they made a normal graduation dress store but had left a few dresses behind. I didn't think she'd make a whole compartment of her own with just a few. I don't know exactly how many dresses there are but it looks like over a hundred perhaps. 

"I have a wonderful idea. You'll go one by one and everyone else will sit on the sofa, the one who's next will go up to the podium and judge the others. And guys, you don't know how excited I am right now, you're the first girls who want masquerade dresses. You're so beautiful too, oh God."

I noticed that the woman loved to talk a lot, you could think she spoke without periods or commas. Normally this kind of thing is too stressful for me but she seems so sweet that I really didn't care. What did matter to me was that I was chosen first. Why only me, the only one who has no idea what kind of dress she wants. The woman left me alone for a moment and led the others to the sofa, offered them a drink and a few snacks and that was my time to think about something. I looked at the colors, yellow was too bright and didn't suit me, blue was Luna's color, purple is completely out of the question and I don't even need to talk about green. Then I saw it, the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. I noticed how the lovely woman stood next to me and looked at exactly the same dress as me. 'Perfect choice' she said proudly. While I was changing she started talking again.

"The dress is our newest possession, I thought it was so beautiful that I couldn't help but order it. It arrived this morning, that's like fate don't you think? I wish I would- Wow."

I smiled after I walked out of the locker room. I didn't really know what to do now, the woman herself was very surprised and led me to the mask compartment. She handed me the mask that arrived with the dress, now it was time to present the dress to my friends. As I walked up to the podium, everyone looked at me with their eyes wide open, a few smiled, a few were petrified. I turned around in a circle, then looked at myself in the mirror for the first time. Wow. This is the dress. It was dark red, had red feathers on the cleavage and the lower part had tiers and each tier also had red feathers. There are also red, slightly transparent long evening gloves. My mask was also really nice, it was red with rhinestones and had feathers on the top. I've never looked more beautiful, the dress just emphasizes everything about me. I smiled and danced back and forth a little when Hermione came up to me and turned around, and we danced too. Luckily there was music playing in the background otherwise it would have been really lame.