chapter ten

Today is the last day before the evening, because the ball will take place tomorrow. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited because god, I'm more excited than usual. Even just thinking about it gives me butterflies in my stomach. Now each of us has a partner for the ball, Hermione and Pansy are going together which surprised me positively, Ginny is going with Harry and I, well, with Mattheo. We've met twice so far, but only in the evening so no one sees us and my head is a mess. He looks better with every meeting, we get along better than I thought and I feel really good next to him. He gives me compliments all the time, but the ones that improve my insecurities and he also says a lot about my details. It's been a long time since someone gave me such lovely compliments, I don't even remember it. I guess my head is so confused because we actually 'hated' each other and now we're suddenly sweet on each other. I wouldn't say there's anything between us, but it does make me think that he's not seeing any other girls anymore. It's not every day that you hear that Mattheo Riddle turns down every girl, even though I said it wouldn't matter to me. Only the people around us become suspicious, I don't like that. But today there is something much bigger at stake, we have to decorate the hall. I was standing in the hall with Draco and it was almost three o'clock, so my friends should come to help soon. I didn't want to include many people because ultimately no one should know what it's going to look like, but we can't do it with just two of us, so I asked Ron, Harry and Hermione to help. I think that many should be enough, there wouldn't be any work here for more. But Draco looked at the clock just as nervously, when I asked him why he was acting so strangely, I got an answer that I never expected. 'My people are coming to help', I looked at him with wide eyes, is he serious? I already told him that I asked some, as if he couldn't remember it. Well we didn't sleep too much but that's still no excuse! Oh damn, what should I tell him now?

"Are you crazy? Harry, Ron and Hermione are coming!" I said a little louder.

Now we both looked at each other with wide eyes, I wish I could laugh about it but that's just not possible. We screwed up so much, how stupid two people can be. No, sorry, how stupid can one person be? I told him, he has to remember such important information. I was about to start arguing with him but it was too late because my friends were already coming through the door. Oh no, that won't be good at all.

"Um, I don't want to add to the tension, but I asked Mattheo, Theo, Blaise and Pansy to come over."

WHAT? They all hate each other more than anything else. Mattheo and Harry, just recently because of that incident in The Three Broomsticks, Theo and Blaise hate Ron and Harry because of Quidditch and Hermione hates Theo because, as she always says, he's an arrogant prick. The only ones who like each other are Hermione and Pansy, not more of them. Now I was sure we messed up. Both groups kept asking 'what's the point' or 'What are they doing here' I looked at Draco with a stern look, then we each went to our friends and explained the situation to them. Back to our previous seats, I wanted the word take it, but the door opened, Astoria came through it and greeted Draco with a hug. All his friends had to laugh, me too, I admit that. It just looked way too funny, ridiculous too, I mean how pathetic Is it when the boy is obviously not interested and you keep trying to do something? Oh my god, what am I thinking about, fuck it, I have to take care of this now.

"Well guys, it seems like there's a bit of a misunderstanding." I said as nicely as I could.

I could just tear Draco apart, but I'll worry about that later. I heard a slight laugh from Theo I assume, but Mattheo took care of it and hit him on the back of the head. I smiled gratefully at him, it's normal right? You always smile at people who others think you hate, right? Now getting exposed would be the cherry on the cake. I was standing there in front of all those people and didn't know what the hell to do, who would know? Luckily Draco came to my rescue and took over the floor, at least one good thing he contributed today. He explained to the people what had happened and even had an idea that wasn't too bad. He looks for two people from his group who can go, they were Pansy and Astoria (luckily), but now it's my turn. When I saw Hermione looking after Pansy, I picked her out, saying she should do something fun. The others don't have to understand that. Well, at least there are only seven of us now, the problem is that I'm the only girl here. Maybe it would be better to let Ron go instead of Hermione. When Draco gave me the floor again I still didn't know what to say, but I gathered everyone at a table and showed them the plan. I guess I'll do the division, if they have anything against it I don't care. after all, I am the only girl today.