chapter fourteen

"Wow."

That was the first thing Mattheo said, he seemed speechless, almost as if his breath was being taken away. I couldn't help but grin up to my cheeks, I was so excited that I couldn't think clearly. I could swear that my heart was doing a thousand saltos and it was about to jump out of my chest. I stopped just in front of the entrance, when I finally looked at him completely I thought to myself, just like him, 'Wow.' He really had on something that matched my dress, or rather the color. His shirt was red, he had a black tie, black trousers, black waistcoat and a matching jacket that I wasn't allowed to look at for too long. He had his jacket wrapped around his arm, I guess it was way too warm and it was more of an emergency in case it got cold. He looked incredibly attractive, I could look at him for hours. But unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of this opportunity because he immediately put his arms around me and kept repeating how beautiful I looked.

"I got the most beautiful girl in the world."

After that sentence he kissed me on the forehead and I didn't know how to react to that statement, or rather what to think of it. But since a thousand thoughts were swirling around in my head, I kissed him on the cheek and complimented him too. I looked at his other hand in which he had raised his mask, it was black with red details, it made me happy how attentive he actually was and remembered everything I had said to him, it made me happy to know that he was making so much 'effort'. I hooked my arm around his and we walked towards the great hall. Even in high heels he was a whole head taller than me and if I wanted to look at him I still had to crane my head up. I liked that I caught him looking at me a few times with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. We stopped just before the stairs, I got a little nervous again and of course he had to notice it. But there is no other way, I can't pretend to be fine when that is absolutely not the case. Instead of putting me down and forcing me to do something, he took me by the hand and comforted me, talked me into something good and complimented me in every sentence.

"Today only the two of us count. You can forget about everyone else."

I will never forget how he told me that, when I even have my own children I will tell them about it. That is a moment that I would like to frame, whenever I am in a bad mood I would look at it and think back to the beautiful memories that I already have. If it starts like that, it can only get better. He put my mask on me, so gently and lovingly, not even my hair was ruined and then I did the same to him. When I was finally ready to go down the stairs I nodded to let him know, I was too nervous to say anything. He put his arm in a position so I could hack it again and I was so grateful that he did it in a funny way because then I could wait a little. My heart was beating faster, I didn't even know that something like that worked and then we were already at the top of the stairs. A few individuals, but also a few groups were still standing in front of the door, probably waiting for their partners. Everyone had put on their masks, I'm curious to see if anyone recognizes us both. As we walked down the stairs I looked at Mattheo, he was calm personified and smiled the whole time, which made a grin appear on my face too. We got closer and closer to the people and I heard them whispering, absolutely everyone was whispering something to each other. I guess someone recognized Mattheo, was I recognized too? Luckily the stairs were the hardest obstacle I had to overcome today, at least I hope so, now I just have to go into the hall and that's it. Filch and Snape were standing at the door, a combination I never expected but whatever, they stamped us and we were allowed in. I was still hooked with my arm, it felt good to have him by my side. Strangely, everyone was standing at the edge of the red carpet and they practically surrounded us. I heard everyone whispering again, 'Is that Mattheo with Celine?', 'It can't be those two', these were things I'd been hearing all the time. I didn't see Draco anywhere, I didn't know if that was a good sign but when I finally saw Hermione again I was really relieved. She was standing there with Pansy and both were shocked when I ran towards her.