THE APOLOGY

Mae

Mae: he hit me ma.
Mir: I'm really sorry Mia, I promise in a few months we'll find a way to fix this.Your engagement to the young Monterey would be canceled (hugs Mae)

I couldn't even brush my teeth, so much pain in my lungs, he hit me over a phone I didn't even take, and now I have to live with the realization of the possibility of me being bonded to that monster for the rest of my life?

All my life I have never liked anyone romantically, everyone had always treated me super nice or mean, because I'm the MIRABEL.

The young Montero is the only one with the same status as mine, or maybe I deserve to be treated this way.

What is he doing here?
What does he want?

Maxn: Mia
Mae: come to finish your work?
Maxn: I'm sorry Mia about earlier
Mae: you're sorry? For hitting me? Wait! Your ma sent you, or my Ma?
Maxn: mine

Maxn

Now I have to apologize to him? How is my plan to frustrate him into ending our engagement going to work if my Ma keeps asking me to do things like this.
He really thought I would apologize? (chuckles) Mirabels have always been so gullible.

Mae: get out of my room Monte.
Maxn: I just hope you know that as much as you hate me, I feel the same way, so don't act like you are the only one being forced into marriage here.
Mae: first, we aren't being forced into marriage, we...
Maxn: gullible as always, you really think we can call of our engagement just by not liking each other?
Mae: Ma said we could.
Maxn: sorry to break it to you but we won't be able to.
Mae: why?
Maxn: because we are the fifth generation stupid.
Mae: every five generations the young MIRABEL is given to the Young Montero.
Maxn: exactly.

Mir

Mir: (walks into the study) Mira.
Pani: (sighs) baby.
Mir: you've been busy all day my love.
Pani: I'm  trying to resolve the issue with the Rosarios, we are going the need a lot of money , to clear off the debt from the land.
Mir: now that Mae is engaged to Maxn don't we have the right to take some money from Marivani funds?
Pani: that would arise a lot of suspicions as to why we had to give Mae out. We don't want Mae finding out the real reason behind everything.
Mir: speaking of Mae, he got beat up by the Monte.
Pani: what?
Mir: but we don't have to worry though because...
Mir & Pani: they always end up falling inlove (both laugh)
Mir: I think we should give it some time, Maxn seems like a good boy.

Maxn

Maxn: do you want to get in the car or not?
Mae: why do you have to drive me to school?
Maxn: because I have a car and you don't, also because our parents ship us. Do you need more reason Oari?
Mae: Oari?
*Oari is a term used for Men with boobs, in other words Omega

(In Maxn's car)
Mae: when? How did you notice?
Maxn: notice what?
Mae: you know what I'm talking about, Oa...
Maxn: oh that? When I hit you yesterday and grabbed your shirt, I kinda felt it on your chest. (Smiles)