CHAPTER{7}

Neiva Villanueva

Neiva Villanueva

Works for the Silvestri brothers, which is how she met Alexandros. She is pregnant with his child and is currently living with the brothers. She very good at close combat and baking. She the first to get along with Akari.

25 years old

Paloma Sanchez

Paloma Sanchez

She was taken in at the age of eighteen by the Silvestri family, growing to be almost the same as age as the twins. She's a maid but can protect herself if needed to. Is somewhat close to the family but they don't fully trust her yet.

23 years old
~~~~~~
AKARI

Paloma pushes me into the dining room where there was a table that consisted of at least twelve chairs. Paloma places me on a spot furthest to everyone else. She didn't willingly do it, it was the only spot without a chair in the way.

Paloma leaves to, I assume, help in the kitchen. "You wash up well." Neiva broke the awkward silence and smiled. Was that a compliment? What was I supposed to say or do? Should I smile back?

"She's right, at least you're not an ugly whore, you're just a whore now" Alexandros added. I was getting angry at the way they kept on calling me a whore. Domenico was about to say something but the food arrived and it smelt really good.

A plate was placed in front of me and it consisted of a large piece of meat, some green vegetables and with the plate came a tray with gravy, some rice and juice. I would have loved to eat this if my body wouldn't immediately vomit it out.

I stare at the food arguing with myself. Why can't I eat it? Because you'll get fat and no one wants a fat bitch around. But it looks so good. Akari, control yourself, remember what mother said. "If you want to be accepted by the world, don't eat too much."

That last statement made me not even look at the food. When I looked up, I noticed everyone's eyes on me. "Why aren't you eating?" Domenico asks and I hear Zachariah snickering before saying, "She's already a fat bitch, she shouldn't eat more."

I couldn't take it anymore so I just pushed myself away from the table and away from those people. I never liked being insulted, even when I was a kid but I was restricted from reacting to them, so I always walked away before I said stuff that would get me in trouble.

I got into the room and went to towards the bed. I struggled out of the wheelchair chair but got out otherwise and laid on the bed with a sigh. A knock echoed in the room and the door opened before I could say anything. Paloma's face appeared from the door, "Hello, I brought you some water."

She said walking into the room with a jug of water and an empty glass. I still wasn't comfortable around her after she touched my breasts. She placed the tray on my bedside table and stood beside the bed with her face facing the floor.

"I want to apologize for touching you like that, I was actually trying to get a bra size but I know now that I should've asked. I understand if you'd want to change maids but I really am sorry." She genuinely apologized which was shocking for me as no one ever apologized for doing something to me.

Though that was the worst exuse I have ever heard in my life, she sounded genuinely sorry but I can't show that I forgive her. I can't show any emotion. I look at her and nod, she just sighs and walks out the room.

I rushed to get water in my system, I haven't eaten or drank anything since two days ago and I'm feeling the effects now. I gulp down a glass and go for another one and one more and then I was done.

I let out a sigh of satisfaction. I think back to the dinner table, "She's already a fat bitch, she shouldn't eat more" it really reminded me of my mother. Every day she would remind how fat I am, how pathetic I am and how she's the one in control.

I think back to the journal, 'I wanted everyone to feel the same way' if we could all treat other people the way we are treated, it would be a whole world of chaos. Though it was how she was raised the way she was and seeing how she turned out, she should've known what not to do to a child.

I've suffered my whole life from the hatred I received from my mother and now the only family I have left hates me too. I guess my mother was right, I ate too much and now no one will accept me. I'm just a burden, a responsibility.

Again, Paloma walked into the room, "Mr. Silvestri is calling for you." She said still looking down, since that incident, she hasn't looked me in the eye. I sit up and grab my crutches from the bedside table and stood up.

Paloma lead me to Domenico's office which was a few doors away from the room I sleep in as it was downstairs. I knock on the door and a deep 'come in' was heard from inside. I slowly opened the door and see Domenico seated behind a large, black desk which was behind a large window that filled the entire wall.

"Sit down." He demanded and I did as I was told. "My brothers are immature, idiotic human beings. Some of the things they say are way out of pocket but they thrive on ego, if you don't fight back and put them in their place, they will never respect you." He finishes as he finally looks up at me from his papers looking serious as ever.

"I would also like to inform you that we are in the Mafia. It's a dangerous job and it's a dangerous environment. During your time here, there is a slight possibility that you may be kidnapped but don't worry, we have the most elite tech team so the longest you can be there is a day."

"We also own the largest bank in the country and have many branches across the world. Mr Burns is currently shopping for you along with Mrs Gardener. Your clothes should be neatly packed by the time we finish breakfast tomorrow."

I nod taking in all the information. "You are dismissed." I nod and stand up and went out of the office. The first thing I saw when I got out was Neiva eating a packet of Doritos, walking down the hall. She had such a nice body and she could eat whatever she wanted.

I found myself envying her body. How can she eat and still have a perfect body? I made my way to the room and I tucked myself into the blankets. I switched off the lamp and stared at the ceiling.

The meeting with Domenico was all I could think about. They're part of the Mafia, what the hell is that? He said I had a possibility of me getting kidnapped so I guess it's a dangerous job.

I began to doze off but I tried to fight it. I knew if I slept, I would have a nightmare but the sleep was so tempting so I finally let sleep take me.