CHAPTER {10}

AKARI

Have you ever thought about death?

A tragic experience to be honest. Some may say it to be traumatic. But to me? To me, death is peace. Death is relief. Everyday I go back to that scene, where I sat in the passenger's seat, thinking about what I did wrong. Why my mother was sending me away.

I sat in that seat wanting to beg my mother to let me stay with her. Even though she tormented me everyday, I would take her whips than go to a place I probably didn't belong. But I knew better and kept my mouth shut. If I were to say anything, she would beat me in that car.

I always thought about who my mother was as a person. She was selfish, cruel and she had failed the only thing she was supposed to be good at, lwhich was to be a mother.

I looked at the clock, 8:00am. I didn't go for breakfast, I didn't want to be called a pig again. I get up from my bed and hop to the bathroom, last night Neiva took my wheelchair because I don't deserve the luxury of having to sit around and do nothing. So I'm stuck with my crutches.

I hopped into the shower and turned on the cold water. My muscles tense at the sudden temperature, it was already cold outside so it took a while to get used to the water.

Once I was done, I hopped out of the shower, put on a robe and brushed my teeth. I then went into the closet which was filled with dark clothes. I figured during the tour that they are more into shady, dark colors.

I looked through the warm stuff and got a turtleneck, a sweater, sweats and a long coat just in case it got colder. I looked at the time, 9:01am. I went back into the bathroom because I was parched and drank some water from the sink.

I waited to be called down but the time was now, 9:33am, and still no one had come so I decided to go down myself. I grabbed my crutches and made my way to dining room where I heard voices.

"I don't expect to hear anymore insults coming from you, and especially you." The voices became clearer the closer I got and I realized that voice as Domenico's. "Why are you taking her side? She just got here." I recognized as Zachariah said.

"Because in this moment, she just lost her mother and her ability to properly, for now that is. So for once please, have a heart." Domenico begs, even in the few days I've been here, I know Domenico isn't the type to beg.

"Since when did you have a heart to even care?" After Alexandros said that, I let myself into the room and got myself a glass of water. "Oh look, her majesty is finally finished. You sure took your sweet time." Alexandros said with a fake smile plastered across his lips.

"Well of course, if someone doesn't warn me or tell me it's time to leave, I will take my time." I bit back with the same fake smile. Alexandros just grumbles and as I finish my glass of water, he says 'let's go' and stands up.

I rushed to get my crutches and follow after him. I was rushing because he is a fast walker, I almost lost him but I saw him get into the elevator and the doors were closing. I rushed and got in before the doors closed panting.

I didn't even look at him because I know he did it on purpose. We got to the desired floor which was labeled, -1. It made sense because it was underground and the doors open to reveal multiple cars. My eyebrows raised as I was rare to see that many cars in one place.

I follow Alexandros to a big black car and yellow lights flash, I guessed it signaled that the doors were unlocked. Alexandros had gotten into the car already. I hurried and brought my crutches into one hand and the opened the door and I got into the car with a bit of a struggle as the car was really high.

I heaved as I closed the door and Alexandros started the car. He drove out and soon we were on the road. I saw him glance at me from the little mirror, every fifteen seconds. I counted and it was getting awkward.

"How'd you get those scars on your neck?" He asks as if it's a normal question  to ask, it's not. "I don't see how any of that is your business." I respond looking out of the window. I really don't know where I got this confidence from and I really don't want it because it will get me into trouble.

"You think you can be a bitch just because you somehow got Domenico wrapped around your fat finger, but that's not the case with me, I tear you apart if it came down to it." He said with a glare towards my way again in the little mirror.

With that he pulled up into a parking lot which had a few other cars in it. The building was not that large but bigger than the mansion, just a bit. He got out of the car and I followed suit, again he was walking like he was in a race.

We got in and I was taken to a room which had other people in it who were also doing physiotherapy.

~~~~~~~~

The hour finally finished and I was helped up by my physiotherapist, "You did good." He said raising his hand for a high five, that's not what I thought. I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the blow to come, it didn't.

I opened my eyes to see him looking at me confused. I cleared my throat and he handed me my crutches. We make our way out the room and to the reception. Alexandros was talking to a man and was given a small bag with white powder in it and he gave the man money.

I didn't want to think it was what it was. I know what that does to you, and the people around you and it's not good. I gave him the benefit of doubt as he made his way towards us. "You done?"

The physiotherapist, I didn't get his name, nodded, "Yes, today was just a trial and an introduction to what we'll be doing. It is advised you bring her twice a week, preferably Mondays and of course, Thursdays." He says.

Alexandros nods and begins to make his way out of the building. I sigh and go after him. The ride back to the house was tense and when we got there, Alexandros almost locked me in the car, shouted at me for being too slow and we made our way into the house.

There was commotion in the house and everyone was shouting. We got to the main dining room and Domenico was pacing with a glass filled with whisky. Everyone was there and Zachary was stroking a cat that layer in his lap and a laptop next to him as he typed away.

"100 guards. Dead. A whole building. Blown to bits. 4 million dollars worth of guns. Gone. All of it. Gone!" He shouts and throws his glass onto the floor and I flinched at the sound but everyone was too distracted to notice.

"They just couldn't get enough when they killed our father," he says running a hand through his hair. "That's not all, they blew another building." He brought up his laptop for everyone to see. My eyes widen and I made eye contact with Domenico.

That was my house.