Buffy Marathon

As our Buffy marathon progresses we gradually get closer and closer until we just give up on caring and cuddle close to each other, so what if we're not together?! I love watching films or having tv marathons with Phil because this almost always happens and even though we're just friends things like this always make me want to be more than that...it's scary but I like it. We're half way through the final episode of season two and I hear a small sob come from Phil whose head is resting on my chest. "Phil are you crying?" I inquire. "No...no of course not.." he protests wiping his eyes on his sleeve. "Phil I know you are...what's wrong?" I ask and he sits up straight "it's just so sad!" He exclaims gesturing to the tv "she has to kill him as soon as he loves her again...I could never do that to.." he trails off looking away from me. "Do that to who Phil?" I ask, intrigued by what the answer might be "it doesn't matter..." he dismisses, slumping back into the sofa and curling his knees up to his chin. "Of course it does Phil!" I persuade gently; he doesn't meet my eyes but utters the two words that I was subconsciously hoping he would "to you.." He buries his face in his hands and I take a minute to process what he just said...did he just confess to liking me?

I take a deep breath and shuffle closer to him, I slowly and carefully remove his hands from his face and he crosses his legs as he pulls the sleeves of his jumper over his hands. He's nervous...I can tell...although so am I...is this really happening? I lightly place my finger under his chin and guide his face towards mine. Our eyes meet and then I feel his soft lips collide with mine.