Proposal

"I can't believe we actually just filmed a video where all we do is eat food - it's kind of gross when you think about it." Dan voices aloud as I chuck the pizza boxes in the recycling.
"Yet people will still want to watch it." I point out as I walk over to him.
He's slumped on the sofa - still intent on making that spot his new 'sofa crease' - and scrolling through his phone.
I start to pack away the filming equipment, but stop when I hear Dan say "We can do that later, come sit with me?"
I turn around and make my way to the sofa. He greets me with a smile and as I sit down he says "I'm so glad that we have our own little traditions, even if it is just pizza."
I take his hand and entwine his fingers with mine, "It is good pizza though."
"So good!" He exclaims, "I'm still feeling quite emotional about it."
"You're always emotional after eating." I note and he laughs.
"True, very true."
There's a moment of content silence and he smiles at me, an air of softness about him. We often share moments like these, moments when Dan seems to be so vulnerable but so happy at the same time. Most people view him as being rather awkward and sarcastic, both of which he is, but there's another side of him that only really appears when it's just me and him. When the cameras are turned off and there's no-one else around.
He leans forward and kisses me gently, catching me off-guard. His lips move slowly against mine and his fingers lightly brush against my cheek.
He pulls away and I smile, "What was that for?" My tone is hushed, somehow feeling the need to preserve this moment in the smallest space around us. The softness and innocence of the kiss unable to bare the volume of normal speech.
"Just..because I love you." He smiles again, his cheeks flushed, and I find myself in awe of how beautiful he is.
I lean forward until our lips meet again, the kiss a little deeper this time but still slow. Still gentle.
I think about the tour and how much it helped us and how much we developed as people because of it, despite how busy and stressful it was at times. We've both become more confident and have learnt so much about ourselves and what we want out of life. I feel as though I don't have to try so hard to gain people's approval - what I do and what I create is special because it's me genuinely being me. We don't have to be these massive, impressive stars to make people happy. We can sit on our living room floor in our pyjamas and eat pizza in-front of a camera and people will still enjoy the video.
'Nothing has to be incredibly over-the-top to be special. I just have to be me.' Is the last thing I say to myself before we pull apart. Keeping my eyes closed I rest my forehead against his, wanting, needing him to be close to me right now.
"Marry me?" I breathe out, a weight instantly being lifted off my chest - I've been wanting to ask him for so long now.
I hear him take a deep breath, his hands shaking a little against mine, "I thought you'd never ask."
I open my eyes and pull back slightly, taking in his smiling face, "So is that a.."
"Do you even need to ask? Of course I will!" He interrupts me and a large grin spreads across my face.
"I love you so much." I say, tears of joy now rolling down both our faces as we embrace. He rests his head in the crook of my neck and I can feel him smile against my skin "I love you too."