Children

Authors note: Hey guys! Hopefully this is happier than the last one!

"Phil it's just a simple plait!" I hear Louise exclaim from the laptop screen as I walk into our bedroom to find Phil on the bed with Molly sat in front of him and Lily to the side of him trying on various pairs of socks. "I know, I know! I just want them to look perfect!" Phil replies, picking up the hair brush and gently running it through Molly's hair. "You're such a perfectionist" I interject laughing a little and positioning myself on the bed between Phil and Lily, being careful not to crumple my suit. "No I'm not!" Phil protests pouting "Yes you are Phil!" A now ten year old Darcy retorts, coming into view next to Louise. "Okay maybe I am.." he accepts and picks up a hair bobble from the pile beside him "Right Louise, tell me one more time!" he says, determined to get it right this time. As Louise explains how to plait the girls hair, Lily stands up, wobbling slightly, and wraps her tiny arms around my neck "Daddy have you seen my dress? I look like a princess!" I turn and take in the sight of my five year old daughter; her body is covered by a gorgeous light blue dress, bringing out her eyes perfectly (they have eyes just like Phil's!) her long blonde hair hangs lightly around her figure and she's adorably sporting two of Phil's socks (odd of course) on her little feet. "You look beautiful Lily!" I reply hugging her close; never in a million years would I have thought that I would marry Phil and have two gorgeous twin girls but I am so glad that it happened. "Ugh! I can't do it!" Phil complains, lying back on the bed and covering his face with his arms. "I'm really sorry Phil, we've got to go or we'll be late. We'll see you later!" Louise explains looking rather concerned "Bye Louise.." I reply before the screen goes blank. "I'm a terrible father!" Phil states as Molly moves from her position to sit on my lap "No you'e not dad!" Lily protests trying to remove Phil's arms from over his face "you're amazing! We love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots!" She adds as she lies beside him.  "She's right Phil, you're a great dad" I agree and he removes his arms, a smile spreading across his face "I love you all so much" he says and we all simultaneously reply with "We love you too!"

"Hey, why don't you go and get changed and I'll have a go at plaiting their hair?" I suggest to Phil and he nods in agreement as he slides to the edge of the bed "Thank you Dan." He mumbles kissing me on the cheek and then retreating out of the room. "Right then you two.." I say as they both move to sit next to each other "Molly can you sit on the edge of the bed and Lily can you pass me the hair brush and hair bobbles and then we'll swap, okay?" "Okay daddy!" They chant in unison, smiling at me.