Die Bruderkrieg - Chapter 2

What time is it? Reich has been loosing consciousness in and out, his vision fades every couple or so minutes and he appears in a new place, different from the last. He looked around, and saw he was standing on a podium. Infront of him, sitting were Speer, Bormann, Göring and Heydrich. And behind them were the Reichskommisariats. Oh...right, this was the yearly Einheitspakt meeting. It was meeting where everyone of Reich's subjects and allies come and discuss about a certain topic. Usually, Japan and Italy were here too...but they went their separate paths. Reich broke out of his daydreaming and noticed how he was awkwardly just standing there, all eyes on him.

"...Oh, sorry for the delay, Umm.." Reich spoke out, shuffling around his papers. He looked around, nervously, finding his speech paper eventually. He cleared his throat.

"Guten Morgen, My fellow Associate's and Subjects! As you know the Reich is uh...Great! The greatest creation that I have made, the Reich is a....Marvel!" His speeches had become more rusty with his age. "But one thing continues to plague our Reich! And that is my age...! For I have become fragile and weak...And my death would surely mean the collapse of the Reich! So today...I have brought you all here to announce the next successor to come after me."
Everyone held their breath, anyone here had the chance to become the next Führer. Speer well, already knew. But he anticipated it anyways. "...So, as to continue the Reich for another thousand years...I announce, Albert Speer! As my Successor!"

The room fell silent. Dead silent. Speer looking in awe, while others in suprise. But Bormann, Goring and Heydrich. They looked more shocked than anything. "Uhmmm...thank you for listening, I'll be back...uh next week." Reich just abruptly left too?! The 3 looked at Speer. Speer stared back. "Uhh...what?"

"You...he picked you?!" Bormann snarled out, he practically couldn't contain it. "Shame...a real shame." Göring muttered out to himself. As Heydrich just silently glared at all of them. "Listen, he chose me and there's nothing you all can do! I'm the legitimate successor!" Speer tried defending himself. "Your the farthest thing from legitimate! Your gonna let this country be ran by Untermensch!" Bormann replied. "Oh?! Me?! Look who's talking! A delusional idiot who can't control his lust." Speer personally attacked Bormann now. Bormann wanted to just strangle Speer at that point, but he stopped himself. Although, Reich considered the 4 as brothers...they were not. Speer hated Bormann, Bormann hated Göring, Göring hated Heydrich, and Heydrich hated Speer. They all just had to put on this brotherly facade to please Reich. And gain his support, but that was no longer necessary. Now they all could hate each other as much as they wanted.

Behind them, the Reichskommisariats sat, all of them chattering among themselves. Speer noticed that. "Alright, if we're gonna fight, let's not fight Infront of them." Speer said. "Why? They're just Untermensch." Heydrich said, with no hesitantcy in his voice. "Couldn't have said it better myself." Bormann said. Speer rolled his eyes. "Fuck you all, honestly." Speer said out. "Speer, no one likes you too." Göring responded. "Shut the hell up, fatass." Bormann told Göring. At this point, it was devolving into mindless chides and insults. No one having a clear/proper argument against each other. Speer at this point, just rated out the room. Göring following suite, then Bormann. And Heydrich stayed behind. "God...I fucking hate those bastards." Speer muttered out as he stormed across the hallway. "Just wish they all dropped dead!" Speer also spat out from his mouth, cursing mindless insults to himself. As Speer made his way across the hallway. He saw the exit door. "Thank god" He thought to himself. But as he grabbed the exit door handle, he realized. Fuck...he had work. He cannot leave this shit-stained building yet. He muttered curses to himself, and stormed back. Going in his office.

He sat down, waiting. A few moments later, one of the Reichskommisariats comes. It was Dannenland. "Ah, Guten Tag...Dannenland." Speer said in the most uncheerful voice. As he finished that sentence, a pile of papers were stacked on his desk. Speer's eyes slightly widen in concern. "What is this...? This is more than the usual Quota!" Speer demanded to know. Dannenland rolled his eyes. "Speer, listen, if your gonna be Führer, you gotta prove to me your worthy, you will finish this and stop crying." The Jealousy from his voice was clear to Speer. Speer wanted to fucking kill this guy, but he just sighed. "Fine." Speer said. "Great." Dannenland just left after saying that. Speer looked at each paper one by one, commissioning and signing them one by one. It was a boring but painful one. The same strokes of the pen made his fingers hurt. The same sentences with slight variations made his eyes hurt. After, 2 hours. He was done with the stack of papers. Finally he can relax for a bit before...He paused that thought as he saw another Reichskommisariat enter the room, this time it was Niederlands. "...Guten tag, Niederlands, what-" Another stack of papers slammed down on his desk. He blankly stared at them, his mouth open. "Sorry, Herr Speer, Dannenland told me to give you all the work. It's fine if you don't wanna!" Speer noticeably grit his teeth after hearing that, Speer sighed. He knew this would be beneficial in the long term, making him seem more favorable in both Dannenlands and Niederlands eyes in the future. "You know what...sure..." Speer tried to sound as polite as possible as he grabbed his pen. One by one, as he finished one task. Another bigger one appeared. This was hell. This was actual hell. But after hours...He did it...He finished RK Ukraine's papers. (Just wanting to make sure, RK Ukraine and Ukraine are seperate in this).