Westgermania - Chapter 7

It's over. There's no going back. There's no more peace to be. The German Civil War has reached it's climax. The powderkeg has been exposed for too long. And now there's one thing left to do. One sentence, and everything will be set in stone. One sentence. That sentence being:

"I declare war."

Crowds of battalions and divisions, loosely organized. Stood at the borders of Elsace-Lothingren and the middle of Mittlegermania. And with the orders from Wilhelmshaven. The powderkeg is lit up. With Speer having the element of Surprise, striked first, the heydrichic forces were pushed slightly back. The Bormannite forces fought fiercely, but we're ultimately pushed back. But Speer knew these early victory's wouldn't do much in the long run. He's only winning cause he caught them off guard. Once they gather up their forces, that's when the true war beginSpeer's goals were to knock out Heydrich in the west first. And slowly chip away at Bormann's territory. For now, he only wated everything west of the Westgermania (red) line. Speer had a temporary ceasefire with Goring. To relief pressure of both of them for now. Speer and Goring for now have the same mutual enemies... With more and more border clashes and pushes into each other's territory's, the situation in the Reich is rapidly detoriating. Speer sighed as he looked on the maps on his desk. An arrow within an arrow within a line he drew on the map. This was just the first month of the war. And Speer realized he was gonna be here for a long time. Speer looked at Heydrichs western territory. They were heavily fortified, the remains of the maginot line still haunt Germany. Well... Atleast it's not the french they're fighting. But is fighting each other any better. Speer glanced back at the map of the former einheitspakt. With the Führer's death, several of the RK's and vassels broke away from the reichs influence. Notably: Britain embroiled itself in a civil war, Serbia is having a national revolution, RK Ukraine is rapidly collapsing under populist, Bolsheviks and Republicans, we dont even know what's happening in moskowien right now. Speer sighed, and lit a cigarette. Well, the best thing to do right now is to continue being on the offensive until he sees fit to go on the defensive. Easier said than done that is...  Speer wonders how newswabia is doing? He hopes that the people there haven't froze to death. The morbid thoughts of the collapsing German sphere made Speer even more pessimistic. God, Speer can't give up now. Even if he doesn't win and this is a farcial bargain, he's still not going down without a fight.

Speer was surprised to see how quickly the forces of the Reich had fallen apart after the death of the Führer. He knew that the division among the leaders of the Reich would only continue to worsen, and feared the worst for the future of Germany. Speer felt a sinking feeling in his stomach as he looked at the map and thought about all the territory the Reich had lost in so little time. Speer felt as if he was fighting a losing battle, but he was determined to continue fighting even if the odds were against him. Speer knew that he would have to continue to be aggressive and push forward if he was going to have any chance of winning.As he looked at the map and thought about the territory that his enemy was entrenched in, he grew more anxious.He knew that the more time passed, the more fortified his enemy would become.Speer took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "Growing anxious, hmm?" A man was standing right next to Speer, Kanzler Kiesinger. Speer turned to look him in the eyes. "No, i feel estatic, joyous even." Speer responded with sarcasm. Kiesinger rolled his eyes at Speer's sarcastic response."You know what I mean," he said. "The situation is increasingly uncertain, and it's only going to get worse the more time passes."Speer didn't deny this, but he remained determined to keep pushing forward."I'm aware of the difficulties," he responded, "but I will not be deterred. We can still win this war." Speer finished. "Very well but..." Kiesinger spoke, looking at Speer with confusion. "What part do i have in this?" Kiesinger asked, Speers eye's glanced back to face Kiesinger. "Oh yes, your part, i did call you into this office after all." Speer for a second forgot Kiesinger was even in the room. "...Am i that forgettable?" Kiesinger asked with distain. "Yeah." Speer responded back. Kiesinger rolled his eyes as Speer chuckled. "Alright, no more fucking around, lets get down to business." Speer nodded and looked up at Kiesinger, ready to get down to business."As you know, the situation is precarious," Speer said. "The Reich seems to be collapsing from within, and our enemies from without.""We need to tighten our grip on the situation and ensure that we have the resources necessary to continue our advances."Speer sat back in his chair and waited for Kiesinger's response.

"...Sir, i still don't understand what part i have in any of this?" Kiesinger spoke, uncertain where this was going. Speer realized he was being too vague with his answers. "What I'm saying is that...your a rather influenical figure, Kiesinger, your popular with the SpD, your popular with the students and the workers!" Speer spoke. This flattered Kiesinger, as he laid back with a smirk. "Why, thank you! but-" "That's why i want you to be Vice-Fuhrer" Speer cut off Kiesinger. The room fell in a awkward silence.