Ukraini Slava - Chapter 4

The Reichskommisar was frantically packing his thing's, but he wasn't in a hurry, in fact... He was smiling? His guards had never seen him this happy before? Especially with how drunken and angry he was all the time. The Kommisar was always called a Criminal, a Terrorist, a Mosnter even. But if he was anything, that was being ruthless. He was a drunken rat that lashed out and ordered mass execution's. He never wanted to rule Ukraine, he only did so because of Wehrmacht's request's and supposed blackmail's. He saw the role of Kommisar as nothing more than being a errand boy. And even then, He completely neglected the territory. Kiev was a broken mess, first from the Holodomor and now from Nazi occupation. The Kommisar never bothered to fix any of that. In fact he made thing's worse with his execution's. So, why was he so happy all of a sudden? because the Kommisar can now go visit his home in East Prussia for 5 days. He never wanted to be in this 'shit hole'. And now he can finally go back home, after especially staying in the sorry-state Ukraine was in for so long. The guard's looked each at other and shrugged. There was no harm in visiting his home again, right?

The Kommisar frantically stuffed all of thing's and off he went. He arrived in the train station in a frenzy, the other people in the train station we're pushed aside for room for the Kommisar. He stood there waiting for the train that take's him back to East Prussia, there he stood, waiting. But behind him was a man, a native Ukrainian. It was a miracle that he even got so close to the Kommisar. The Kommisar did not notice the Ukrainian behind him, still waiting for his train. He looked at his watch, before looking back straight. And that was the last thing he saw. A single bullet and smoke erupted out of the small gun the man held. The bullet pierced straight into the Kommisar's head. As he fell down, and bled. A Wehrmacht officer tackled the man to the ground, and two other's checked up on the Kommisar. But it was too late. The Kommisar had bit the dust. The two officer's stared at each other in utter shock and confusion. Terror not leaving their eye's. The people in the station were just as shocked, some even screaming. The man who shot him on the other hand? He was smiling, he knew he was gonna go to prison. And possibly die. But he died for his country. His last words uttered before his imprisonment: "Ukraini slava!" The Wehrmacht officer quickly silenced him. The first officer looked at the other two. "QUICK! INFORM THE REICHSTAG OF THE KOMMISAR'S DEATH THIS INSTANT." He ordered. The other two couldn't argue back, and just raced off with the Kommisar's body. Thus, 6th of January passed.

the 7th of January, new's got to Berlin and the Reichstag. Discussion's began on picking the new Kommisar of Ukraine.  8th of January, Kiev was burning. Ever since the Kommisar's death, the native people of Ukraine have been celebrating. Clashes with local German police and the Wehrmacht began occuring in the 7th. In the 8th, it desolved into street fights. Republican, Communist, OUBN partisan's fighting the Wehrmacht over the city of Kiev. 4 hour's in, 16 people died. 5 hour's in. 22 people died. The chaos was getting out of hand, however in these times of trouble. One man came up to relief stress. the new Kommisar. RK Ukraine. Appointed by the Reichstag, He arrived in Lviv. RK Ukraine was different from the previous Kommisar, unlike the previous one who was a Drunkard, rash, and slothful. RK Ukraine was more Calm, decisive, and a Workaholic. But if anything he was just as brutal. RK Ukraine walked and trudged through the difficult land that was Ukraine. He eventually made his way into the Ukrianstaat building. His first order as Kommisar? Crushing the opposing forces in Kiev. 9th of January, most of the forces were successfully repelled. The Remaining pocket's were also quickly dealt with. But even then, the Kommisar's sudden death left a mark. And now RK Ukraine had to deal with his mess...

10th of January. RK Ukraine sat in his desk, writing down important paperwork. The silence in his room was broken by a knock. "Come in." RK Ukraine ordered. A Wehrmacht officer came in. "Sieg heil! Mein Kommisar" The officer said, continuing: "I have to say, for someone who just got their job. You did a great job crushing the Ukrainian Untermensch!" The officer praised RK. who just nodded. "Indeed, soldier, their nothing more than a nuisance to me anyways." RK responded, continuing his paperwork. "Indeed." The Wehrmacht officer was about to leave. "Wait." The officer stops. "Yes?" RK puts his pen aside. "Tell me about the causalities report." The officer found the request strange, he wasn't used to giving AAR's especially because the previous Kommisar didn't care about statistics. "Uh, so...about 10 Republican's killed, another 10 communist's, 2 from the OUBN." The officer responded. "And how many Wehrmacht troops died?" RK asked. "16." The officer responded. RK took a second to respond, he fiddled with his pen. Almost looked like he was pondering about...something. "And how many Prisoners?" RK asked, continuing to fiddle with his pen. "Let's see...19 Republican's, 17 Communist's, 5 OUBN supporter's and 1 UIA-" RK's eye's widened, he pushed his pen aside. "What did you just say?" He asked. His tone...unclear to the officer. "UIA...the Ukrainian Insurgent Ar-" The officer's sentence was cut off. "I know what that stand's for, thank you, what i wanted to know is what is the UIA doing meddling in our buisness?" RK asked. He was suspiciously stubborn on knowing more. "...Sir, we don't know, they've recently started launching raid's against Kiev." The officer responded. RK looked down at the paperwork...taking the information in for a minute. Before glancing back at the officer. "Take me to this prisoner." He demanded. The officer was...caught offguard. "Sir, why would y-" RK slammed his hand on his desk, the officer lightly jumped, startled. "When i say 'Take me to this prisoner' you say 'Yes sir', you got that?" RK wasn't having any question's that weren't coming from himself. The officer nodded in terror. "Yes sir..." He lead him outside the building and into a vehicle prepared neat and tidy just for the Kommisar himself. The Vehicle's engine started.

The vehicle stopped right outside a building, lined with weak concrete and barbed wire. "Here you go Sir." The officer dropped him off. RK fixed his belt, before waving off to the officer. "Danke, I'll be back." RK responded, he sighed. Turning to face the building. It was a re-correction camp, or a concentration camp, as others called it. RK walked in, the guards opening the gate for him. He saw the line's of prisoner's working themselves to death. Breaking their backs for labor. He stopped in front of one of the line's. "You, SS soldier." RK gestured one of the SS personnel to come closer. The SS troop walked up to RK. "Yes sir?" "I heard that there was a UIA partisan here?" RK asked, the SS soldier looked around before facing RK. "Yes sir, why?" The SS troop asked. "I have some...unfinished business. Bring me the partisan." RK demanded. The SS troop nodded, walked inside the field. RK waited, tapping his foot on the muddy soil. After a minute or two, the SS trooper came back...with a woman? RK raised a brow. "who...?" RK asked. "The Partisan you asked for, sir." The troop replied. How peculiar...a woman? in the UIA? She looked no older than her mid-20's. Red hair in almost perfect condition, the unscratched white skin and finally the Insurgent army's uniform. Looks like the camp didn't bother changing her clothes. He raises his brow's in amusement. "This was certainly not what i expected..." RK commented, he saw her trying to wiggle out of the SS troop's grasp. All he saw was spite in her eyes. "What's your name?" RK tried asking. "Go die in a ditch, німецький!" All he got was a spit on the shoe from her, the SS soldier raised his baton, ready to hit her down. "No, no...not yet." RK sternly objected. The SS soldier lowered his baton, still keeping the women in his grasp. "Sir, if you don't mind me asking what are you gonna do with this criminal?" The soldier asked. "I have a few question's, nothing more." RK responded. "I see..." The soldier glanced at RK and back at the camp. "Load her on the Vehicle." RK commanded. The young women wanted to say something, but decided that keeping her mouth shut would be better. She didn't want to do anything with these people. But if she wanted to live, she had to comply. She was forcefully pushed on the truck, as it drove off. At least she didn't have to work with the untermensch (Non-Ukrainians)

.....

Everything was dark, she was sitting alone in a dark room. She struggled, all she could do was wail and thrash around. But it was no use in the end, rope's binded both her hands and ankle's. A single light was turned on. Standing in front of her? The same man from before. The same man in the Wehrmacht uniform. "Well..." The man began first. "Your probably wondering why you're here... but before i get to that, it would be rude not to introduce myself first, hmm?" He responded. She looked him in the eyes. "I do not care about your pathetic life." She sternly responded, the spite being clear in her voice. RK raised a brow in amusement almost and smirked. "Well, in that case, I'm even more inclined to introduce myself." She gritted her teeth. nearly hissing at him. "My name's Reichskommisariat Ukraine, just call me RK though." He responded, that shit-eating-smirk still on his face. "Alright, RK, you should go end your pathetic life." She responded. RK just smiled at this response. This was...more entertaining than he thought. "You sure act like a UIA partisan that's for sure." She didn't whether that was a compliment or insult, she just took it as a insult. "Cut the headache, Untermensch, Why did you bring me here?" She demanded to know. "Cutting the chase so soon? your no fun~" He was practically wasting her time by teasing her, and it was working. The more time he wasted, the more angrier she got. "You should be grateful I'm even talking to you!" She snarled back at him, his smirk disappeared. "Really?" He was more intrigued now. "All you German bastards did was collaborate with us for a moment, and then you betrayed us! you German's are all the same! all the same! Incompetent traitors!" She began her tyrade of insult's. RK... just chuckled. "What's so funny? You bastard?!" She demanded an answer. "The fact you think, that I'm a German." Her expression changed from anger to...confusion. "What are you mumbling about?" She asked. RK leaned back. "You foolish fucking girl, I'm no German." RK responded. "Then what are you?" She raised a brow. "українська, of course!" He responded. The expression in her face went from confusion to pure adulterated shock. "What...? B- but...why a- are you wearing that?!" She was both confused, and shocked at this moment. "Why? because i wouldn't be alive without it. That's why." He responded. "T- this makes no sense- h-" "Listen." He cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"I used to be part of the UIA too." He responds. "What...?" This was a bit too much for her to comprehend. "Then why would you betray the Army in favor of the Wehrmacht?!" She demanded answer's now. At this instant, she saw him as a traitor. RK just looked down at her disappointed. "I'm truly disappointed that you still haven't realized...The UIA is a incompetent, bloodthirsty, failure and excuse of a army." He coldly responded. "That's not tr-" "But it is, tell me, did your unit survive in Kiev?" RK asked, cutting her off again. Her lips stayed open... "N- no..." It stung bad for her to admit this. She knew he was right and it stung bad. "Your Armie's only purpose is to be bloody thirsty monster's who cannot calculate the most basic of advance's, you failed in 42', 45', 57' and now you failed again." RK continued berating and mocking the UIA, and the worst part? all of it was true. "Stop..." Was she responded with. "Why? you can't take a insult?" He continued berating her and the UIA's incompetence. She gritted her teeth, she didn't want the truth to be spat in her face. RK looked down at her, this woman was a pathetic mess. She was useless to him at this moment...But not completely. She still had some use for him. He looked down at her, lazily blinking. "What's your name?" He asked. Nothing, he raised his voice. "What is your name?" Nothing. "Are you deaf? what is your name?!" His voice was more harsher this time. Under the pressure of...everything, she finally broke. "U- UPA..." Was all that escaped her mouth.

RK smiled, now thing's can actually begin. He sits down. "Alright, UPA, listen." She raises her head to look at him properly. "I have a proposition for both you and I..." RK responded, she just stared at him blankly for a good minute. Only silence separating the two. "Soooo...?" RK broke that silence. His patience waning with every passing second. UPA...thinks for a second, staring at RK for a solid second...before responding. "Go ahead." She responded. "Splendid..." A grin slithered it's way on RK's face.

To be continued

_
2294 words, holy shit- this has to be the biggest chapter thus far. Also sorry for the cliffhanger, i'm a lazy piece of shit and i cant be bothered to write the rest right now. So, uh- yeah, sorry. Lmao. have a goodday/night. Ima go sleep-