The Wheatfields burns - Chapter 8

TRIGGER WARNING: EXCESSIVE, COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF VIOLENCE

Wehrmacht rushed through the night, they were under harassment from the Republic forces. For some odd reason, both the Republicans and Communists decided to band up together. There was no victory here. Only retreat. There was a underground system of tunnels in Lemberg they could use to escape back to Germania. Staying and fighting in Ukraine was not worth it. It never will be! The general of the division approached the door, inserted his key. But as soon as he opened it. He was met with a rifle pointed to his face... The communists managed to seize the system before them. The general looked up and met the gaze of the man holding the rifle to his face.The general's heart raced as he realized that they had fallen into a trap set by their enemies."What do you want?" the general asked, his voice quivering with emotion."We want to know why you were sent here," the man holding the rifle said."It's none of your business," the general said, trying to sound tough. "Oh, it very much is my business! You German scum came over here and expect us to give up our homelands!" The man holding the rifle gritted. The generals men backed down, uncertain as to what will happen next. "I suggest you let your men surrender, otherwise your gonna face a fate worse than death." The man with the rifle suggested. The Republicans and communists were closing in, the general had to make a choice... The general looked down at his men, who looked up at their commander with fear in their eyes. The general knew they stood no chance against the combined forces of the Republicans and Communists, but he also knew that surrender was not an option. "I will not surrender," the general said, steeling himself. The situation grew more tense as the Republicans and Communists closed in, their guns pointed at the German troops. This confrontation was getting dangerously close to becoming a bloodbath... The man holding the rifle wrapped his fingers around the trigger. "Burn in hell." With a single shot, the mans face burst open, parts of his face completely pulverized. Brain matter and blood spewing upon the floor in terror. The Wehrmacht soldiers could only watch in terror, as both the Republicans and communists caved in. They were soon gonna meet their commander in hell. The German troops stood there, frozen in shock as the scene unfolded before them. The man holding the rifle had shot one of their own, without hesitation. As the Republicans and Communists descended upon them.

Not a single German left Lemberg alive that night.

By the time the sun came up, not a single German was left alive in Lemberg.The Republicans and Communists had slaughtered them all, leaving no survivors. The leader of the Republican force stood besides the leader of the Communists. "We did a number on them, didn't we?" Ukraine asked the communist besides him. He didn't say anything, only looking down at the vast amounts of German corpses below him. The leader of the Republican force stood beside the leader of the Communist force, surveying the vast amount of German corpses below them.Ukraine spoke up, "We sure did. We took down the Germans in one fell swoop."The Communist leader stayed silent, looking down at the corpses as well.After a moment of silence, the Ukraine turned to the UKSSR and asked "What do we do now?" The UKSSR finally spoke up, saying "We have to reach Kiev, this isn't enough; we have to reach Kiev, kill the Nazi scum and then-" Ukraine stared at him for a good minute, and then asked "then we'd have to kill each other?" UKSSR only nodded, confirming what Ukraine had suspected.  Ukraine said, his voice sore, "Yeah... It's a shame that this alliance against the Nazis is temporary. " The UKSSR only nodded in response to that, agreeing with Ukraine's sentiment. The two were silent for a moment, before Ukraine spoke up again. "But what else can we do? We have to take this war to a conclusion, no matter what it takes." Ukraine finished.  UKSSR looked at him for a second, looking hesitant as if he wanted to say something. Ukraine reassured him, saying, "If you wanna say something, go ahead." UKSSR nodded and spoke, "If I lost the war against you, would you execute me?" Ukraine blankly stared at him for a moment, considering the question.  "Well, no. Not really," Ukraine answered. He stayed stayed silent, seemingly taking in what Ukraine had said. "And what if the roles were reversed?" UKSSR asked, his tone suddenly shifting towards a more serious one. "Well, that's upto you to decide," Ukraine answered, shifting his gaze back down to the corpses. UKSSR remained silent, seemingly deep in thought."But there's one thing I want to ask," the UKSSR spoke up again. "If we do manage to win this war, and you don't execute me, and you become the main ruler, could I have one thing?" UKSSR asked. Ukraine raised a brow. "Alright... what is it that you want?" The UKSSR took a deep breath, before quietly speaking up, "I would like to be granted one favor... just one." The communist was really pulling this way more than it needed to be pulled. "Dude, just tell me already." Ukraine said. "Fine, fine." UKSSR caved in. "I want you to make sure that of a bitch RK gets what he deserves." UKSSR asked. Ukraine looked at him, his face puzzled. "What do you mean?-" Ukraine asked. "I want to kill that bastard with my own hands." well that came outta nowhere... "I'm gonna be honest: I was not expecting that a response. "What do you mean?" Ukraine asked. The communist spoke up sharply.

"He took everything from me, and i want to see him beg for his pathetic life... that's the only demand i have, that's if you win, ofcourse." He finished. Ukraine nodded, both in admiration about his passion about this war.... and slightly in fear aswell. Ukraine understood the communist's motivation, and couldn't help the admiration that he felt for the communist's passion.However, he also felt a twinge of fear, wondering just how far the communist was willing to go in order to achieve his revenge."I understand," Ukraine said, "And what if we lose?" Ukraine asked. "Well, i suppose that bastard will torture us to death." The communist answered. "Damn," Ukraine responded, as he considered the stakes.This was a serious war, and the consequences of losing could be disastrous."But that is all the demand you have?" Ukraine confirmed, wanting to make sure he understood correctly. All he got was a nod.

on the other side of Ukraine. The morning rose over Kiev, or Kieu as the Wehrmacht called. RK sat in his desk, scribbling over a map whilst mumbling to himself. Although he was holding off the communists and republicans for now. RK groaned. "Useless fucking germans... they never help, only making shit worse." RK was deep in thought, scribbling over a map and muttering to himself.Even though he was holding off the communists and republicans for now, it was clear that the war was taking a toll on him. RK could feel the tension and stress radiating from his mind as he glanced at the map on his desk. He sighed deeply, realizing that he was caught in the middle of a war that seemed to have no end. RK knew that he was fighting against some of the most powerful armies in the entirety, but he also knew that he couldn't afford to lose any more ground. The pressure was mounting on him, and it wasn't getting any easier. He could feel the weight of responsibility hanging over him like a dark cloud. UPA silently stood next to him, she was also starting to see his mentality deteriorate. "Sir?" UPA softly spoke out. "What is it?" He glanced over to look at her, frustrated.  "Sir, I think you've been pushing yourself too hard," UPA said softly, concerned for RK's welfare. "You've been working nonstop for days now, and it's not good for you." RK sighed and ran his hand through his head, feeling the tiredness and weariness in his body. "I know... but I can't stop now," he replied, almost irritably. "We still have work to do." He explained. UPA objected. "You could just let the Wehrmacht figure it out!" She tried to reason with him. "No, those bastards will only make things worse." RK explained. UPA felt frustrated at RK's stubborn attitude; it was as if he was determined to go it alone.She pressed further."Then at least let me help you; maybe I can lighten the load."RK gave her a brief glance, but she could tell he was still reluctant to accept any assistance. RK just groaned to himself in response, muttering something in german? "Dieses Stück Scheiße wird mich irgendwann noch zu Grunde bringen..." RK muttered to himself. UPA raised an eyebrow and tilted her head to the side, confused at what RK had just said.She could tell that it wasn't something nice, and she was a bit alarmed at the strong emotion that he seemed to be expressing."What did you say?" she asked, softly. RK just shook his head. "It's just a phrase the Wehrmacht taught me, nothing else." She could tell he was lying. UPA was now even more concerned about RK's wellbeing.She thought about pressing him on the issue, but she feared that it would only anger him further, so she decided to drop it."Sir, please... let me help?" UPA asked for a simple demand. RK's face somehow turned more irritated. "No. I can't let you help me," RK replied irritably, waving his hand in a dismissive gesture."I appreciate your concern and your willingness to help, but this is something I have to do on my own, so don't bother me with it again."UPA could see the frustration and anger in his face, and she felt helpless in the face of his rigid mindset.

UPA was also irritated by this point. "Whats the point of working alone? So you can take all the credit? You know I had my share of war too-" She was about to say something else... RK stood up from his chair. She saw the expression in his face. She couldn't exactly make out what it was but... it was a expression of anger, disgust and wrath all jumbled up in one face. "...Did i say something wrong sir?" she asked, softly, trying to diffuse the situation with her calm and gentle voice. She had no idea what she had done or said to evoke such a strong reaction from him, and she feared that her words had somehow offended him. Before she could realize what was happened, She felt his arm grip her wrist strongly, pulling her closer to him, and she could feel his breath on her face as he loomed over her. 

"Listen here, you piece of shit... I don't need a war criminal piece of shit to tell me what i can or cannot do. All you know is how to kill people, you know nothing about what real warfare is, you incompetent whore..." He snapped back at her. His grip around her wrist tightening. "I've seen dozens of faces like you, thinking they can just walk in the battlefield and win... I use you when i see fit. You understand?!" He asked, he was practically shouting at her.

UPA gulped. Her face frozen in terror. "...Yes sir." RK stepped back as she said that. She felt the grip on her wrist lessened, as RK went back to sitting down. She was shocked at how she had provoked such a violent reaction from him. "Now scramble out of here before i carve that pretty little face of yours..." RK demanded, going back to scribbling over the map of the battlefield. UPA was trembling with fear as she heard those hateful words come from his mouth. In a state of pure terror, she made a hasty retreat from RK's presence, scrambling out of the room as fast as she could. She felt a mix of relief and dread as she left his presence, relieved to have escaped his wrath for now, but still terrified at the thought of him finding her again and potentially harm. She decided this is not a good time to be near him. It'll only cause the both of them more harm. the time being, as she knew that being around him in his current state would only cause further tension and conflict for the both of them.She found a secluded spot far away from him, where she could gather her thoughts and try to process the encounter...

Rostov Au Don, 10:18 AM

The Communist forces of The UKSSR (communists) and the Wehrmacht stood in a wheat fields. Both sides facing of each other in what could, only be described as a standoff. Both sides stared each other nervously. For now, both of them had ceased fire. Until further orders would be given... Any moment the peace would break down. The calm wind flew across the wheat-field, soldiers laid on the grounds with snipers, rifles, tanks silently stood still, The Wehrmacht planes flew above them, the planes were just flying overhead, not doing anything... yet. The silence was deafening. The silence was deafening, as if nothing was happening, and yet the tension of the situation was palpable. Any moment, the peace could break down; any moment, a single order could change everything. The soldiers knew that this standoff was only temporary, that it would only be a matter of time before the inevitable happened. With each passing second, the tension in the air grew thicker and thicker, as each side's dread and apprehension grew. They knew that the peace would soon be shattered, and when it happened, hundreds would perish. It was only a matter of time. The Wehrmacht officer turned on the radio, tuning in to his troops stationed in the field. "Update on the situation?" he asked, listening carefully for any news and update on the developing situation.  "We're in a stand-off with the enemy, sir. Both sides have ceased fire, but the tension is still intense. Any minute now, the situation could escalate and everything could spiral out of control. The weather is calm and there is little wind, so visibility is good. The enemy has snipers deployed in the field, but they haven't made a move as of now. It looks like we're just waiting around here... waiting for orders to come in." The officer sighed in response to that. "Hold the ceasefire for as long as you can, support is coming. Make sure the planes scout for any incoming support for the enemy side." "Yes sir, we will do our best to hold the ceasefire as long as we can. The planes will keep scouting for any incoming support for the enemy side." The officer ended the conversation, and the soldiers on the ground continued to stand watch, keeping a wary eye out for any movement from the other side.

The morning broke.

The war flag shook.

The wind flew.

A lone soldier stood at the very back of the tank. Looking above him. He just wanted to go home... he closed his eyes for a moment. Taking in the air with his nostrils. He seemed something off... his nostrils flared up. His eyes jolted as... One of the planes that was flying above him, exploded. "...What the?" He realized what was going on. He quickly grabbed his rifle, he jolted to inform his fellow comrades about the attack that was about to come but... a bullet pierced through his helmet. His body almost instantly went numb. Brain matter spilling on the wheatfields. The battle had begun. And the germans didnt even realize.