An Outrageous Demand - Bonus Chapter 2

Utter chaos. The Reichstag was in utter chaos. It had been 6 days since Reich had died. Goring and Heydrich had already consolidated power. Speer and Bormann were still consolidating themselves. Central Germany was in Gorings control, Northwestern Germany was controlled by Speer, Southern Germany was controlled by Bormann. The rest was in the SS's hand. The Wehrmacht was split into 4, the Luftwaffe swore loyalty to Goring, and the kriegsmarine had yet to make a choice... Hans speidel, a relatively obscure figure in the Reichstag has assumed in Berlin... Or Germania as its own. He claims he will give up power and step down when the civil wars over. Whether he'll keep that promise is not clear.

Speer sat in Wilhelmshaven. He tried going back to Berlin but he was kicked out immediately. He sighed, he was uncertain whether there was gonna be a civil war or not. This is not the first time something like this happened. When Reich was nearly assassinated, something similar to this happened. But it turned out Reich was still alive and stopped it before it could derail any further. But this time... there was no one to stop this. Speer knew that the others wouldn't just let him take the spotlight. The others wanted power for themselves.

But he never knew they would go this far. Speer wasn't sure how he will win the civil war. His armies are rather small, and unpopular. Will he even win? The thought of losing scared him... especially if Bormann was the one who defeated. Goring and Heydrich may have mercy on him. But Bormann would certainly... God, Speer didn't even wanna imagine that. Why was Speer so afraid but also so insistant on being the Fuhrer. Maybe he should step down.... No, he wasn't let those megalomaniacs take over Germany while he sat in the sidelines watching as his country got torn apart.

He held that thought, as he heard a knock on the door. "Hello?" Someone from the other side spoke out. Speer... wasn't expecting any guests. especially at this hour. "Come in." Speer spoke in a monotone voice, Speer was not enthusiastic about someone meeting him at this power. But he might aswell speak with them. A elderly looking man came in. He wore the old 40's admiral uniform. Speer didn't recognize the man at first... but when his eyes finally picked up...

"Admiral Donitz?" Speer spoke out, his lips curled open. This was the last person Speer was expecting. It was a suprise...but a welcomed one.

"Hello, Herr Speer!" Donitz spoke out in a rather cheerful tone. Almost too cheerful... It kind of freaked Speer out how optimistic he looked. But Speer shook the feeling off.

"Why are you here?" Speer asked. He was a bit on guard, as he wasn't sure why Donitz was there. He did not expect the admiral, nor was he sure what he wanted at that point. Did Donitz come to support him? Did he come to ask something? Or maybe it was just a social visit, and nothing more. Speer wouldn't know until Donitz spoke up.

Donitz laughed a bit. "Ah, no purpose, it's just a friendly visit. Nothing important really..." He said.

Speer raised an eyebrow, but did not insist further. But he couldn't help but wonder. What was the real purpose of this visit? He seemed too happy considering the state of Germany at the moment. "So, how do you do?" Donitz asked. He casually walked back and forth, seemingly trying to make conversation. Speer rolled his eyes. "Donitz, It's not gonna work on me. Quit talking nonsense!"

Speer was met with a rather deep sigh, as Donitz took off his hat. "Listen Speer, as Germany is tearing itself apart. Many of your enemies are giving me offers in return for loyalty..." Donitz spoke, finally using his usual monotonous tone. Speer raised his brow further. "So? Why didn't you take them?" Speer was happy Donitz wasn't a traitor but there was skepticism. "Because I don't wanna side with megalomaniacs or militarists." Donitz spoke, his voice laced with poison.

"Oh! so you do believe in me- that's great! i can assign you in a-" Speer spoke enthusiastically, finally someone had faith in him. But he was cut off. "...In return for a little something." Of course. What the hell did Speer expect. "You had my hopes up. What the hell do you want?" Surely his demand couldn't have been that bad-

"Can i PLEASE have Gotenland." Donitz begged with a pleading face.

"Get out of my office." Speer ordered Donitz immediately.

"LISTEN, I just want ownership of Gotenland. Nothing else-"

"This isn't the Holy Roman Empire where you can just buy land?! who do you take me as?! The Kaiser?!"

"...I mean technically..."

"Get out." Speer wasn't gonna deal with this shit at this hour. "Plus, Ukraine would immediately retaliate ag-"

"So that wheatfield bastard is more important than me? One of the most successful admirals!"

Speer scoffed. "...Successful." This... pissed off Donitz.

"Fine! I'll just ask Bormann then-" He was about to leave the room, before Speer spoke. "WAIT." Speer spoke, with both hesitancy and desperation in his voice. Donitz smiled, knowing he won. "...I'll give you administration over Gotenland, BUT only as a Militärbefehlshaber. As long as you don't negotiate with that balding bastard." This stung Speer bad, as he had to swallow his pride. But anything to weaken Bormann.

Donitz tipped his hat, as he reached a hand forward. "You have yourself a loyal subject." Speer reached his hand, and shoke donitz's "What i got is an overly stubborn manchild..." Speer groaned. "Hey! No need to be mean about it!" Donitz growled back.

"Whatever...can you just put your fleet in the haven's dockyard next week?" Speer asked. "Sure."

"Alright great, now get out of here." Donitz left the room immediately after that. Speer sat down, sighing.