8: Resilience

Chapter 8

Minji POV:

Kim Minji was just there, observing her surrounding.

Almost imperceptible, like some ghost.

As astonishing as it seems to be, the unnie of New Jeans learned A LOT of major things -from experience- about social skills. Just like Listening and not attracting attention to you contributes to learn so much more about people in general like:

- temper
- morality
- confidence
- vision

Ect,..

The non-verbal was also something the tall brunette relied a lot on when she doesn't know someone or when she wasn't too sure about what she was supposed to see or think.

Maybe she was a profiling lover and maybe she also did watched a little too much detective series and devour a bunch of true crime/mystery books during her teenage years.

Anyway. As she like to say: " If you want to know someone, shut it and let them talk one by one".

And sometimes it was a little bit difficult to apply.

After all, Minji hasn't an ordinary passing appearance. She wasn't a short girl -In Korean standards- and her visual,-surprisingly- extrovert self, and her natural vibes easily attracted and intimidated the majority of people gravitating around her.

So it was indeed tricky to kind of suppress her natural presence to help her to put people at ease enough to open up more.

But she was slowly but surely acquiring a new stealth superpower if you ask her.

For example, let's take Hanni's unusual behavior, followed by an unnerving lack of professionalism. That was easily caught by Minji's acute eyes.

She was indeed nervous.

Because ?

When the older girl looked at her stiff member exchanging with their concerned manager, hugging herself -another hint illustrating her embarrassment- with an Hanni nervously eyeing in direction of a certain 'ginger stray cat' -a nickname she found to annoy her Aussie buddy- the Newjean's leader has finally the confirmation that something indeed happen between the duo last time the pair saw each other.

Because:

- Hanni urge to be more clingy in public than usual was:
✅unusual

- The student avoiding any form of eye contact in their direction was:
✅uncalled for

- The suspicious lack of exchange between them was and still is:
✅definitely bizarre

Then she immediately caught the strange vibe when they return to the table -separately- the same night and when the novice basically made some excuses to flee away -shortly after- was too sudden to ignore actually.

But not knowing personally the younger girl makes Minji a little bit doubtful about her conclusion.

Nonetheless, right now, Hanni was still the person she knows the most and her unfamiliar behavior was definitely an obvious sign.