Chapter 1 - Tears

I fell. I keep on falling into the dark. Everything is so dark, the only light back is from the moon, only the moon.

I wake up lying on something soft and to a constant beeping. I slowly open my eyes; the room is so bright by the sun shining onto the white walls in the room, that it hurts my eyes and sends a pain in the front of my head.

"Oh, great you're awake," a high-pitch voice says to my right, the voice is penetrating my ears, I turn my gaze to her, a little woman with long black hair putted in a high ponytail and dressed in full blue.

"Hi, I'm Michelle, your nurse... how are you feeling sweetheart?" she asks enthusiastically.

I just woke up, so it took me a second to process what she said. She looks at me waiting for my answer, a million thoughts go through my head but not one is an answer.

"How are you feeling?" she asks again.

"Oh umm, my eye hurts a bit, and so does my head," I tell her.

"That's understandable, well you have got a black eye it doesn't heal like the way I want it to so you would need some cream, -" she say while she investigate my eye, "- the same with your stomach, and your head have got a bump, but it have already got better over the night I see."

I nod not knowing what to say, I look around the room again and now I spot something or rather someone laying on the floor on what seems like a very uncomfortable mattress. Robin.

"He wouldn't leave your side at all nor would he say anything to the police about anything," Michelle tells me with such a soft voice, when she sees me looking at Robin. I didn't take my eyes from Robin for a while, lost in my own thoughts.

"I will call the police and tell them that you're awake, they need you to answer some questions," Michelle tells me before she leaves.

When she is gone, I look back at Robin.

"I know you're not asleep," I tell him, and right after I say that his eyes open, he sits up and looks at me, he has been crying. I move to the side and open the sleeves, inviting him in and without hesitation he cuddles up to me, I swing an arm around him, pulling him closer to me.

"Mom is dead." He looks up at me, I look back down at him.

"I know," I say, thankful my voice didn't break.

"What is going to happen now?" he lay his head on my shoulder while I played with his dirty blond hair.

"I don't know... but I know it's gonna be okay," I assure him.

"What if they separate us?" he asks worriedly, he looks at me again now with teary eyes, I pull him even closer to me if that's even possible, trying to comfort him.

"That's not going to happen, I will make sure of that, I haven't protected you your whole life just to give up on you," I tell him.

"I love you."

"I love you more," I answer, he chuckles, and it feels like the whole world lights up for a second.

"Get some sleep, you can't have slept well on that shitty mattress," I say, making him chuckle again. He swings his arm around my torso, and I swing my arms around him making him feel safe to fall asleep. While I play with his hair, I allow myself to fall into a peaceful sleep too.

I wake up to Robin gently shaking my shoulder.

"Wake up Alessia," he whispers to me.

I open my eyes; a chubby man with short brown hair, in a white shirt and a tie is sitting in a chair looking at us. I sit up, still with my arm around Robin, I don't want to let him go.