Chapter 17 - The cry for help

The last two days Robin hasn't talked about anything but the baseball match. I love him but I actually considered cutting off my ears when he began to name all the players on the USA baseball team and how many games they have played, after that I stopped listening.

Of course, he supports the UK but because they didn't make it to the final, he supports the USA.

When he came down for breakfast at 8 am he was fully dressed in baseball uniform, the name Turner shows right above the big red number 8 on his back, the same number he wore when he played baseball back home.

He never stopped smiling under the breakfast, it was catching.

When he got picked up at 1 pm he was nearly in the car before they could knock on the door.

I watched them drive away to their private jet to Miami.

It's 9:30 pm, we sit on the veranda and play 'draw and guess'. Luciana just wants to drink wine and watch the game so there had to be a team of 3. Alexander, Salvatore, and I are a team and right now Alexander is drawing, Salvatore is guessing, while I'm dying of laughter.

"Hedgehog! ... elephant?"

"No!"
"I give up," Salvatore says frustrated and throws up his arms before he runs his fingers through his hair.

"It's a lamp," Alexander says, like it's the most obvious thing ever.

"That's not a fucking lamp!"

"It is!"

"It looks more like a hedgehog! Can I throw him out of my team?"

"Why?" Alexander asks, offended.

"Dude I can draw better with my feet." He looks at Alexander with the 'are you serious' look on his face. "Blindfolded." He adds.

My stomach hurt from all the laughing; watching Salvatore mad over Alexander's missing drawing skills is the funniest thing ever.

"Alessia! You can see it's a lamp, right?" Alexander looks at me. I try to stop laughing and act serious.

"If you turn your head, it looks like you in the morning," I say and make the whole table laugh including myself.

While the laughter dies Alexander hasn't turned his mad look away from me. I look back at him trying to hold back my laughs and look serious but I fail miserably.

Out of nowhere he begins tickling me. I burst into laughter again, and my back is now where I used to sit but he doesn't stop tickling me.

I fall down from the chair onto the floor.

"Oooww," I say, and turn onto my stomach to hide my grin.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. Are you okay?"
"Alessia, are you okay?" Dad's worried voice sounds from the other side of the table, followed by the sound of a chair sliding against the concrete floor.

A hand on my arm rolls me over on my back revealing my huge grin, and I start laughing again.

"You're crazy," dad says and shakes his head in amusement, and walks back to his seat.

Alexander lifts me up in my arms like I weigh nothing and place me back on my chair. I try to breathe normally again but then I make eye contact with Lorenz and start laughing again. I get tears in my eyes while everyone just looks at me amused.

After I stop laughing, we begin the game again.

Four maids walk outside and give each of us ice cream, the game stops and we start eating, and conversations begin to fill the cool night air.