Chapter 20 - Trust fall

Antonio

We jump out of the helicopters and rush into the cars again.

After Carlos found out that it wasn't an easy mission, because of the number of guards he didn't like Sabino being here. He might be 19, but he's still the youngest son of Carlos.

Much to Sabino's disappointment he gets the role to drive up the van as soon as we have got Alessia and drive us away.

I sit in the passenger seat with Sabino driving and Matteo, Diego, Manuel, and Samuel in the back. It's our job to get Alessia, while the others will cover us.

The two cars in front of us pull up and they rush out, each of them ready to do anything to save Alessia.

The other rush inside, I hear several gunshots, if Jack doesn't know we're here yet, it won't take long.

We need to get Alessia, fast.

Alessia

I wheeze, I fight for breath as his big, dry hands leave my throat and open for my airways.

He chuckles, he laughs at the pain I'm in.

I see his face turn serious through my wet eyes. "You know you deserve it." His stern and cold voice sounds.

I cry, making him turn his head to me. He walks closer to me with fast steps and only stops inches away from me, I feel his hot breath on my face, it smells disgusting, I want to throw up the dry bread and water I have been eating.

"You don't think you deserve it?" I don't answer, I don't know what to answer, I don't know if I deserve it, I don't know anything right now. "What?" he shouts in my face. I feel the spit from his lips landing on my face. I don't say anything, I have already forgotten that he said anything, until his fist collides with my face, if I wasn't tied to the chair I would have fallen hard down onto the floor.

"Maybe you're right, maybe you don't deserve it." He rests his hand right on top of the wound on my thigh, I whine in pain.

"What are you TALKING ABOUT!" I scream frustrated from the ongoing pain, but my outburst doesn't affect him a bit.

"It wasn't you who called the police years ago."

"Yes it was-" I lie, automatically, I have taken the blame for my brother so many times that I don't have to think about it anymore.

"I'm not stupid, I know you were too much of a scared pathetic little girl to be the one calling. I know it was Robin." A disgusting feeling fills my body when my little brother's name leaves his mouth.

"You said you want revenge! Then why am I here?" He begins to laugh.

"I say a lot of things that aren't true. I don't care about revenge, all I care about is-" he leans into my ear and turns his voice into a whisper "-Power-" he turns to my other ear "-Control."

"Seriously? I can't believe you're one of those psychoes with a hard childhood, and now think that they have more power than the queen because they manage to ruin a kid's life." He ignores my mocking tone, and begins to smile more, grinning like a true psycho.

"But it's not only you, is it?" He gets enthusiastic, seeing him happy is more terrifying than him being angry. "Your brother thinks it's his fault. And the video call, how many people were there? 30! I have thirty people in the palm of my hand!" He let out a laugh, a maniacally laugh that echoes through the building.

he walks over to me and punches me right in the face, making my nose bleed again.

Tears are pouring down my cheeks, but I don't say anything, I don't make any sound.