Chapter 11 - A circle of brothers

Antonio Pov

"Good morning," I greet all my kids as I take my seat at the end of the table. Everyone greets me back. "Listen up everyone," I raise my voice to get everyone's attention, the twins put down their phones and the others stop their conversations and turn their head to me. "I am currently making a business deal with Mr. Walder and he wants to meet for dinner at the Mastro's Steakhouse with our families tonight," I announce.

"Alright," Alexander says and the rest of them nod.

"What is your job?" Robin asks, I feel everyone tense at his questions, I knew this question will come.

"We own a few hotels, restaurants and casinos," I tell them, it's not a lie but it's not the whole truth either. I don't want them to know about our business in the mafia. Alessia already thinks we will hurt them and I'm afraid that it won't help if they know that we are a part of the mafia.

"Alright, you have to be ready at 5:20 pm, you will all be wearing suits." I turn my gaze to Alessia and Robin "I have sent people out to buy a suit and a dress for you." They nod their head, and we begin to eat our breakfast.

"Come in!" I shout from the corner of my bed while putting on my shoes, I look up and see Robin standing in the door.

"Need some help with the butterfly?" I ask him and nod towards the big knot around his neck, he nods. "Come here," I say and wave him over.

"It's stuck," he tells me, he places himself in front of me.

I try to get the butterfly off him, but the knot is too tight. "How many butterflies have they got you?" I ask him after a time of frustration.

"About two more."

"Alright," I say and stand up, I take my scissor from the drawer in my desk, that I never use since I have an office, and walk back to my son. I push his head to the side so I won't hurt him with the end of the scissor, and cut off the butterfly and throw it out. "Go get the butterfly and I will help you put it on," I order, and he runs out of my room.

After tying my shoes, I go to my bathroom and put on some cologne. The door to my room opens and I know it's Robin. "I'm in here," I shout and Robin comes in with an untied butterfly in his hand. "Get up," I order, and he set himself on the counter, and I begin to tie his butterfly.

"Do you want some hair wax?" I ask when I'm done, he nods, and I hand him the hair wax.

"Can you help me?" His voice is softer than it used to be, like a nervous 7-year-old.

"Of course," I say and put some hair wax on my hands and put it in his hair, thinking about how to approach his soft voice, is he okay?

While doing his hair, I feel like I have done this before. Five years ago when Salvatore was going on his first date with a girl. I smile at the thought. He was so nervous that day, and the fact that he came to me for help was a dream that came true.

"Why are you smiling?" Robin pulls me out of the memory.

"It feels like I'm helping you get ready for your first date with a girl." He laughs, but I quickly realize my mistake and add: "or boy, whatever makes you happy," I say. I wash my hands for the hair wax, and I look in the big mirror, four blue eyes stare back at me and my son in matching suits.

"Thank you," Robin' soft voice says again. We look at each other in the mirror.

I look away from the mirror, towards him. "Robin, how are you, in general?"

"Good." His answer is short, and I really doubt it. He just lost his mother, he must miss her.

"Really?" He nods, I let out a deep sigh, "Robin it's okay if you're not, you just lost your mother, it's okay you're sad." He doesn't answer, he just looks down at his feet that he swings back and forth. "Talk to me."