Chapter 4 - The Scream In The Rain

Third pov.

" Alessia, wake up... you should go change now, we're landing soon." Antonio says while shaking Alessia softly in her shoulder to wake her up from the nap he insisted she took.

She sits up and rubs her eyes before going to the bathroom. She brushes her teeth, and puts on her black jeans, a black turtleneck, and the golden necklace with a cross that she got from Austin a couple months ago. She put on some mascara as well after she checked that her black eye is still hidden.

Robin goes in there after her and changes to black pants and a black bottom-down shirt.

No one says anything.

When they land, they take a black car to the church where Gabriella' funeral is taking place. When they arrive at the church, Antonio barely gets to stop the car before Robin jumps out. Alessia sees why when she jumps out as well, his friends and his whole Baseball team and coach are there. He's hugging everyone.

Antonio steps up to her, he has seen Robin as well.

"Are any of your friends coming?" he asks her, Alessia feels a lump forming in her throat, I don't have any friends she thinks. Before she gets to answer someone calls her name.

"Alessia!" Alessia turns around and sees the well-known, green eyes and blond hair. She runs and jumps in the arms of her boyfriend. She stands there in his big arms wrapped around her, she doesn't want this to end, he gives the best hugs, and that's something she really needs right now. Comforted by her boyfriend Alessia doesn't notice her father' eyes boring into Austin, mentally praying for letting it be a friend, and a friend only, he doesn't want any guy's filthy hands on his daughter.

They walk inside and sit in the front row, Alessia sits between Robin and Austin, Austin has his arm around her, Robin has his best friend's Noah arm around him while Alessia holds his hand. Alessia sees Antonio have taken a seat in the back along with Robin' baseball team.

Alessia and Robin cried silently in the church.

Still with Austin's arm around Alessia they walk out after the pallbearers. Alessia watches Robin's sad face while he carries the coffin out with five other men dressed in black. They walk outside and stop when they reach a big hole in the ground, they slowly sink the coffin down the hole, and Robin walks over to Alessia.

Everyone gets an orchid to throw down to the coffin, before they fill the hole with the cold dark dirt, trapping the mother of seven kids, but none she truly has been there for.

Orchid was Gabriella's favorite flower, in the summer when the park was full of them, she made garlands out of them, Alessia helped her collect the flowers.

Thousands of thoughts cross Alessia's mind, she was such an amazing mom.

"Alessia?" Austin says, but she doesn't hear him.

"Can you find one more Orchid for me sweetheart?" Gabriella asks.

"Yes mommy... see I found one."

"Good job sweety" Alessia admires her mom finishing the garland they have worked on together, "and then you fold it like this, aaaand voilà." She put the garland on Alessia's head, "you look so beautiful, a true princess."

"Thanks mommy... I look more beautiful than you," she giggles, Gabriella acts insulted with an open mouth that quickly turns into a smirk.

"What did you say?" She grabs Alessia's arm and pulls her closer just to start tickling her. Giggles from the six years old girl sounds like music to her mom' ears.